2017 NFL Draft (Peach State wins it this year)

Andrew

All American
Administrator
It looks like more players from Georgia were drafted than Florida. According the the article below, GA had 27 and FL had 26 (AJC has GA at 29). Texas and Ohio both had 4 1st round picks, compared to 3 from GA and 0 from FL. Obviously it was a down year for FL and GA recovered from last year and almost matched their record set in 2015 of 30. Of the states of FL, TX, GA and OH, GA and OH are far by the smallest in population.

2017 NFL Draft: Which states produced the most draft picks, other trends

Last edited:
Advertisement
There's no doubt that Georgia produces an insane amount of football talent.

I guess i'm biased, but i'm taking a good south florida player over a good player anywhere else in the country.

(Since I feel you're implying the opposite with this post) lol

Lol more Georgia propaganda...

Look, good football players are good football player no matter where they come from...

But, put the best players from Georgia vs the best from Florida at all 3 levels (HS, College & NFL) & FLA is winning it **** near every time.

At the NFL level, Georgia pretty much has 2 guys that are head & shoulders better than their Florida counterpart, and that's Cam Newton & Cordy Glenn...

Other than that, position for position it's pretty much a dead heat.

Advertisement

Look, good football players are good football player no matter where they come from...

But, put the best players from Georgia vs the best from Florida at all 3 levels (HS, College & NFL) & FLA is winning it **** near every time.

At the NFL level, Georgia pretty much has 2 guys that are head & shoulders better than their Florida counterpart, and that's Cam Newton & Cordy Glenn...

Cam Newton is garbage.

Andrew, how many of those players drafted are African American? Despite a smaller overall population Georgia has the largest African American population in the US. ESPN analysts make the same mistake but if you control for that the correlation tends to be pretty high.

Ayyyyeeee GA always in the competition.

Chris Herndon gon be the next 1st round pick out of Miami.... :backyard-pool:

Advertisement

Cam Newton is garbage.

so saviorcane is retarded.... nice.

Born in Florida, but Georgia raised me. Ain't nothing soft about georgia football. Georgia produces elite talent year in and year out. 2nd behind Florida. But let's not be mistaken this definitely was a down year in florida in terms of the draft

There's no doubt that Georgia produces an insane amount of football talent.

I guess i'm biased, but i'm taking a good south florida player over a good player anywhere else in the country.

(Since I feel you're implying the opposite with this post) lol

I would assume we would take the best players we can get and should clean up well in our own backyard (South Florida)

From what I've read, this is the second year in a row where Florida was beat. Last year Texas was ahead of Florida by 2 (32 to 20).

From what I've read (and I don't have a solid list for each year)

2015:
GA: 30
FL: 39

GA: 15
FL: 30
TX: 32

GA: 27 (AJC list 29)
FL: 26
CA: 25
TX: 24

Advertisement
GA football is legit.

IMO Cali and Texas are overrated. Both of those states have 103,021,001,194 people.

Give me Florida, Georgia and Louisiana.

Born in Florida, but Georgia raised me. Ain't nothing soft about georgia football. Georgia produces elite talent year in and year out. 2nd behind Florida. But let's not be mistaken this definitely was a down year in florida in terms of the draft

I'm sure Georgia is a great lady

From what I've read, this is the second year in a row where Florida was beat. Last year Texas was ahead of Florida by 2 (32 to 20).

From what I've read (and I don't have a solid list for each year)

2015:
GA: 30
FL: 39

GA: 15
FL: 30
TX: 32

GA: 27 (AJC list 29)
FL: 26
CA: 25
TX: 24
Using your numbers last 3 yrs
Florida 95
Georgia 72
Seems like Florida in a landslide

Advertisement

Cam Newton is garbage.

Apparently your dumbass doesn't follow football. Only 2 Qb's had worse Qb ratings than Cam last year. He had 14 picks and now that his brain is jello he can no longer run as in previous years.

He has zero touch and every pass is a bullet. He has never had a QB rating over 100. He's not a leader and as soon as the panthers start to lose look for Cam to be pouting on the sideline. So get the **** out of my face with your 1,200+ negs and pu$$y a$$ who won't live up to a bet.

Last edited:

Cam Newton is garbage.

Apparently your dumbass doesn't follow football. Only 2 Qb's had worse Qb ratings than Cam last year. He had 14 picks and now that his brain is jello he can no longer run as in previous years.

He has zero touch and every pass is a bullet. He has never had a QB rating over 100. He's not a leader and as soon as the panthers start to lose look for Cam to be pouting on the sideline. So get the **** out of my face with your 1,200+ negs and pu$$y a$$ who won't live up to a bet.
Cant win mvp and be garbege.. you sound ridiculous B

Cam Newton is garbage.

Cant win mvp and be garbege.. you sound ridiculous B

Mark Moseley a kicker won the MVP get the fck out of my face.

Advertisement
Back