2017 Miami signee Mike Harley talks Miami

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
One of the craziest recruiting story of the 2017 cycle was St. Thomas Aquinas WR Mike Harley. Harley was committed to West Virginia for months, but when it was all said and done -- Harley became a Miami Hurricane

"It's a blessing." said Harley "I knew i was coming to Miami, so i played it out, all calm and smooth and then i just pulled the trigger, decommited from West Virginia and stayed home."

West Virginia was the place for harley, but there was one thing that separated Miami from West Virginia

"Family -- That was the main thing." Harley said "I thought about my family when i met Coach Richt and Coach Dugans and they treated me like family."

Harley has been a big fan of the Hurricanes and he's going to be replacing one of his favorite Hurricanes

"They want me to come in and replace Stacy Coley and it's funny because I really like Stacy Coley's game and everything he does."

While Miami has address many needs in this class, Harley thinks there's one that separates itself from the others

"We're going to come in and compete." said Harley "It's going to get real because Me and Jeff Thomas are ready to compete and we want to play early."

Harley has a special message to the Canes

"Canes fans, i just want you to know that i'm ready and we're going to do some great starting with beating FSU this year and winning the coastal."

Advertisement
His recruitment got really annoying at one point but i'm happy he's a cane.

We need that type of speed on the team again

Advertisement
IMO he got crushed for backtracking on his original statement that he'd go to the winner of the bowl game, which was probably the only thing he did wrong. But he's a kid and he did the right thing backtracking it. He committed to WV well before we even offered him. He visited us and some were mad he didn't shut it down right there. IMO he did the right thing by giving WVU the final shot at closing him out, but they stood no chance at closing him, Kid wanted to be a Cane. Played elite HS level football and comes from a championship program, showed up big in the biggest games this year at Aquinas. This kid has juice man, he is going to come in and work.

And you gotta love the flare, energy, and passion he brings!! He's got that personality about him...and seems to have the goods to back it up!! He's gonna be fun to watxh!!

Don't understand why b1tches got so hurt over this kid playing the game. In the end he's a Cane and we're better for it.

Advertisement
A recruit talking about beating FSU? When was the last time you heard that? The culture is changing.

Beat Fsu cleanses him of any "divary" I may have held against him. Welcome to the fam Mike.

Advertisement
Fact is he trolled UF and WVU to rep us in the end so I'm more then happy with his recruitment now. Just hope he ready to catch some bombs early

IMO he got crushed for backtracking on his original statement that he'd go to the winner of the bowl game, which was probably the only thing he did wrong. But he's a kid and he did the right thing backtracking it. He committed to WV well before we even offered him. He visited us and some were mad he didn't shut it down right there. IMO he did the right thing by giving WVU the final shot at closing him out, but they stood no chance at closing him, Kid wanted to be a Cane. Played elite HS level football and comes from a championship program, showed up big in the biggest games this year at Aquinas. This kid has juice man, he is going to come in and work.

It was a false report about the bowl game

Advertisement
Adding Brandon Taylor along with Harley, Thomas, Richards, DJ and Mullins will give us a huge upgrade in team speed. Finally, we now have some game breakers on the roster. Harley has got swag, DJ's a play maker, Thomas reminds me of Hester, Taylor could really help our return game, Richards is the goods and Mullins has allot of upside. Njoku and Cager will be redzone targets and may surprise us as well. This group is gonna make life miserable for opposing defenses. I'm excited to see them compete.

This kid has a lot of OBJ in him. crazy high strung Game breaking WR. Can't wait to see him in action.

It was a false report about the bowl game

Even better to know. 3 here ⚡⚡⚡

Advertisement
Back