2017 JUCO RB's

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[HUDL]video/3/4047704/590a1653e97ab830dc2103f3[/HUDL]

Sherrod Hawkes - Hartnell College

Sherrod Hawkes, Hartnell College, Running Back

Sherrod Hawkes - 5'11 190lbs originally from Baltimore, went to Patterson HS & is currently at Hartnell.

Very producitve back, in 2 years of JUCO he's rushed for a total of 2,500yds 26TD's on 377carries.

[HUDL]video/3/8392099/5817ba1c0aff7a608c147201[/HUDL]

UHCOUGARS.com :: Tyreik Gray Bio :: University of Houston Official Athletic Site :: Football

Tyreik Gray, Lamar, Running Back

Tyreik Gray - Former 4-star RB coming out of High School, went to Episcopal & transferred to 6A Lamar as a Senior.

Rushed for 3,228yds & 60TD's in HS & had offers from Bama, UGA, Wisconsin (Coach Brown), Texas & TAMU, was the 26th ranked RB nationally in High School.

Has rushed for 713yds & 6TD's while at Kilgore JUCO & is currently being pursued by Baylor.

[HUDL]video/3/7362446/581a15454ba8772eb45ea761[/HUDL]

Kevon Abrams - Butler Grizzlies

Kevon Abrams - 5'10 185lbs originally from Pensacola FL, was a dual sport athlete Baseball/Fball at Pensacola HS & is currently at Butler CC.

Has 4.4 speed, rushed for 1,166yds & 9TD's with 6.3ypc.

[HUDL]video/3/4421691/5833da9cdfd8b905a80b50b0[/HUDL]

http://athletics.hancockcollege.edu/sports/fball/2016-17/players/shaqautryybty

Shaq Autry - 6'0 190lbs originally from Ocala, went to school at North Marion & is currently at Allan Hancock College.

Has rushed for 831yds & 10TD's total in JUCO.

Advertisement
Since Miami is clearly looking for another Back & they're a little late for the grad transfer waiver wire, I thought I would post more options that are still available for 2017.

Obviously, none of these guys have been offered, but if Miami is looking for a JUCO RB that can enroll before Fall, there's still a bunch of options.

Would be nice to have somebody we could have confidence in as a 3rd stringer. Would love to see Gray/Burns do well, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd take one of these guys in a heartbeat.

I like 2nd and third guys listed the most out of those four. First guy reminds me of a poor man's yearby and fourth guy is a poor man's Gus Bus.

Would take any of the four just to provide some depth.

Advertisement
Since Miami is clearly looking for another Back & they're a little late for the grad transfer waiver wire, I thought I would post more options that are still available for 2017.

Obviously, none of these guys have been offered, but if Miami is looking for a JUCO RB that can enroll before Fall, there's still a bunch of options.

I think Richt is on this.

LCE, who you guys like, if anyone?
Tyreik Gray, Kevon Abrams, Sherrod Hawkes.

I think the staff would prefer a Grad transfer, but there aren't many options on that front (there's a kid from Alcorn St who's originally from Belle Glade, but I don't think the staff would be interested).

I think taking a 2017 JUCO RB is basically like taking a 3rd RB in the 2018 class & because it's a major unknown if Burns or Gray will last an entire season, it makes sense to get one for depth.

Plus, for next year Gray will be gone & Walton will probably go to the draft & even with Lingard & Davis coming in, having another back secured will be solid for depth.

Last edited:
LCE, who you guys like, if anyone?
Tyreik Gray, Kevon Abrams, Sherrod Hawkes & the kid Miami offered today Unique Brissett.

I think the staff would prefer a Grad transfer, but there aren't many options on that front (there's a kid from Alcorn St who's originally from Belle Glade, but I don't think the staff would be interested).

I think taking a 2017 JUCO RB is basically like taking a 3rd RB in the 2018 class & because it's a major unknown if Burns or Gray will last an entire season, it makes sense to get one for depth.

Plus, for next year Gray will be gone & Walton will probably go to the draft & even with Lingard & Davis coming in, having another back secured will be solid for depth.

There isn't much downside to taking a JUCO RB who is already a sophomore. Bring the guy in, don't red **** him and he'll be a Senior when Lingard and Davis are Freshman.

Advertisement
Back