2017 Juco CB Dante Wigley

JayCane20

Seasoned Vet
Premium
Holmes C.C. prospect went to GT out of HS. Originally from Carrollton, GA. Looks like a good prospect to me, good length, make up speed, and closes on the ball well. Shows ball skills with some good pass breakups. The play at 3:30 really shows his speed and explosiveness coming around the edge to block the punts. The punt coverage play was impressive as well. Not the greatest tackler but mainly due to form, shows the willingness to be physical and could develop into a good tackler.

I was really impressed with his cover skills. Showed the ability to play off and come up and make a play as well as the ability to play bump and run and hold his ground and use his length to get a hand on the ball. I like the name too.

Also need to add that I just read he has 3 years to play.

Dante Wigley, Holmes C.C., Cornerback

Dante Wigley Holmes CC Highlights - Dante Wigley highlights - Hudl

Last edited:
Advertisement
Very physical corner with good instincts and isn't afraid to tackle. I like him but I would be curious about why he left GT

Very physical corner with good instincts and isn't afraid to tackle. I like him but I would be curious about why he left GT

Did some digging and it seemed as if their board was very upset about him leaving as they thought he was going to be very good. Left unexpectedly after only one semester. Their insider on the board only left a vague comment that could mean anything. He said "wish the kid got better advice" . Who knows. Probably grades

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back