2017 Excuses Thread

TheU1988

It's Not A Lie If You Believe It.
Currently down 5 - 0 and getting 2 hit again through 6 innings against mighty Dartmouth. 9 outs away from losing the series against mighty Dartmouth. A balk call away from being swept by mighty Dartmouth.

I can't wait to hear how you guys spin this and take up for this staff and team.

Advertisement
I am curious, who is blindly supporting this staff right now? Brian got the boot long ago.

Might need to go searching for threads. The piccolo vrs Jagr is a classic. I'm sure there's some gold in there by other people.

Advertisement
People are weird man. A lot of us have said Morris is past his expiration date and expected the bill to come due before this year. Not everyone makes a point of harping on it with every waking moment of their life. That doesn't make us blind supporters of the 3 Faith.

Team is flat out terrible. Unforgivably bad. If Morris respected himself he'd step down before he has a Full Fulmer like end to his professional career.

I made a point of harping on it because I know the game and I could see what was happening to the program. THIS SEASON IS NOT A SURPRISE. Morris has been phoning it in since 2008. It was just a matter of time before it all caught up with us. The lazy recruiting, soft pitching, and lack of focus on fundamentals got us here.

Interestingly, the apologists have absolutely nothing to say.

embarrassing, the hitting last couple years is comparable to donofrio's defenses, keep playing small ball with a bunch of dummies

Advertisement
I am curious, who is blindly supporting this staff right now? Brian got the boot long ago.

I'm surprised Brian's Thong hasn't returned as he usually got booted from the scout site every year
and always returned under a different handle.

banner at the light? "stop forcing a wiz down our throats, fire morris" or "strap up on your small balls and fire morris"

Might need to go searching for threads. The piccolo vrs Jagr is a classic. I'm sure there's some gold in there by other people.

I remember the classics. I like #3 and think he is a HOFer, but the game just seems to have passed him by. I mean if the standard is what The Wizard set then it is time for a change!

Advertisement
The baseball team has generally had a lot less inside info and journalist detail than the other 2 men's sports, so, unlike the football team, with the ***** gauntlet, playing scared with a lead, bad recruiting, etc, which can all be in your face, the baseball team has been, mostly quietly, under-performing for almost a decade.

This season, IMO, is just the culmination of the trends we'd been witnessing.

Advertisement
Jim should have rode out with the studs last year! I know it's a long season, but the guy is old and has a young family. Give this to a young aggressive guy and move on!

The baseball team has generally had a lot less inside info and journalist detail than the other 2 men's sports, so, unlike the football team, with the ***** gauntlet, playing scared with a lead, bad recruiting, etc, which can all be in your face, the baseball team has been, mostly quietly, under-performing for almost a decade.

This season, IMO, is just the culmination of the trends we'd been witnessing.

The last two seasons going to Omaha, on the back of ridiculously soft draws in the regionals and supers, gave the misguided impression that the program was headed in the right direction. UF and FSU are the true barometers of where we are. It's clearly getting worse.

Losing to Dartmouth 2/3 and winning one game thanks to a balk is no different from Golden losing 58-0 to Clemson! Two by shutouts too..just saying we all know what happened to Golden. Whatever capital Morris has built up is fading fast!
No spin here..the only thing spinning is this baseball team out of control and into the abyss!
Have been a supporter of Morris up to this point...hard to be one now!

The bright side?...The U is becoming a football school once again!

Last edited:
Horrendous!

If Morris cared about the progrum one iota, he would step down. He won't, though. He will continue accepting UM's money for as long as UM is willing to give it to him.

Advertisement
Back