2017 Draft

Advertisement
Jesus H. This is almost exactly the same stuff written about Anthony Chickillo not showing any burst. Please distinguish between a player's ability and how they look in a system because what they are asked to do.

The guy is right, I didn't see much from Chad Thomas his freshman year to say this guy is a 5 star player. He was only a freshman though so it means ntoihing.

You're not going to see that type of explosion from someone asked to do what he was asked to do. Chickillo didn't show almost any burst even against our lesser opponents. Yet, he stepped on to Senior All-Star games and against NFL backups and shows at least more of it than he showed here. That tells you a lot of what you need to know.

All you two are doing is working against Al Golden because you're either saying that (a) he makes highly-rated players look slower than what they are or (b) can't identify a good highly rated player.

LMAO, this dude claming CHick has speed because of a senior bowl LOL.

Chickalo is the senior bowl hall of famer on here.

I'll take examples of an NFL player showing particular skills working against mostly future NFL players and some current over, say...

Posted this in some other threads but wanted to make this a thread in itself.

Sam Bruce is a **** stud.

Check out that last play on the video where he makes 3 people miss. Incredible.

Saint Thomas Aquinas High School vs. Dillard - Sam Bruce highlights

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/sam-bruce-highlights-vs-diliard/89169

...A HS player showing particular skills against some players who may not even make it to their next level (college).

Might as well evaluate who's the better NFL player at the pro bowl as well.
LOL.

You're a clown for using a senior bowl to bump the legendary Chickillo to make your agenda against the coaches.,

The guy is right, I didn't see much from Chad Thomas his freshman year to say this guy is a 5 star player. He was only a freshman though so it means ntoihing.

You're not going to see that type of explosion from someone asked to do what he was asked to do. Chickillo didn't show almost any burst even against our lesser opponents. Yet, he stepped on to Senior All-Star games and against NFL backups and shows at least more of it than he showed here. That tells you a lot of what you need to know.

All you two are doing is working against Al Golden because you're either saying that (a) he makes highly-rated players look slower than what they are or (b) can't identify a good highly rated player.

I'll take examples of an NFL player showing particular skills working against mostly future NFL players and some current over, say...

...A HS player showing particular skills against some players who may not even make it to their next level (college).

LOL.

You're a clown for using a senior bowl to bump the legendary Chickillo to make your agenda against the coaches.,

You have me confused, hoss.

Good luck.

LOL.

Good luck.

So am I. The Pro Bowl is a non contact showcase. The Senior Bowl has NFL hopefuls in a competitive environment trying to raise their draft status in front of 100s of NFL coaches.

What? Could've swore Kayaa plays qb? Didn't know he player wr or rb.

When was the last time a 5.2-5.4/40 guy got drafted high?

He won't run that when he leaves here. Last season, he looked like he had never developed his core. Guy could barely pop up in the pocket. He'll greatly improve there - at least physically. I don't know if he'll ever be "fast," but what he showed last year was about as raw as you'll probably see.

No doubt he will improve his reported hand timed 5.6 time last year. How much that drops we'll see. But, I still maintain that 5.0+ guys who have very little wiggle almost never get drafted high.

Ironically, Winston, as a 5.0 flat type of guy, will either help or hurt Kaaya.

I was expecting someone to bring him up. Winston has clutch escape ability and is very quite nimble out there. He inherently knows when/where to run. He's sneaky fast despite his speed. Kayaa is not.

Advertisement

He won't run that when he leaves here. Last season, he looked like he had never developed his core. Guy could barely pop up in the pocket. He'll greatly improve there - at least physically. I don't know if he'll ever be "fast," but what he showed last year was about as raw as you'll probably see.

No doubt he will improve his reported hand timed 5.6 time last year. How much that drops we'll see. But, I still maintain that 5.0+ guys who have very little wiggle almost never get drafted high.

Ironically, Winston, as a 5.0 flat type of guy, will either help or hurt Kaaya.

I was expecting someone to bring him up. Winston has clutch escape ability and is very quite nimble out there. He inherently knows when/where to run. He's sneaky fast despite his speed. Kayaa is not.

Wait till at least this year. The first time you watched Winston, he was a RS Frosh. This would be Kaaya's RS Frosh year. Plus, he came in extremely raw in terms of physical development. Looked like he had not worked out a day in his life.

Kaaya does have all the tools and has shown to have the leadership ability and does have the arm. Will get to showcase it this year.

Chad Thomas has shown no burst to me yet. 5 star hype so far as a freshman. Should not have needed him so early anyway. Next year with our depth a Chad Thomas would not have been expected to start. Let's see if the kid will develop his fist step.

Everyone got spooked by Bridgewaters pro day. They suspected he was skinny and that day confirmed for them what they thought he was going to be. Instead of trusting the tape and watching him they trusted their good ol measurables.

Jesus H. This is almost exactly the same stuff written about Anthony Chickillo not showing any burst. Please distinguish between a player's ability and how they look in a system because what they are asked to do.

Let's all talk after Chick makes a 53 man roster. And Chad Thomas game was never a speed rusher in High school so why would we see it in college. He is a perfect 3-4 end 2 gap type and those guys while important to the scheme to let the Lb's make plays almost never get drafted high. And we never should have had to see Thomas as a freshman. That is All I was saying.

Kaaya does have all the tools and has shown to have the leadership ability and does have the arm. Will get to showcase it this year.

Chad Thomas has shown no burst to me yet. 5 star hype so far as a freshman. Should not have needed him so early anyway. Next year with our depth a Chad Thomas would not have been expected to start. Let's see if the kid will develop his fist step.

Everyone got spooked by Bridgewaters pro day. They suspected he was skinny and that day confirmed for them what they thought he was going to be. Instead of trusting the tape and watching him they trusted their good ol measurables.

Let's all talk after Chick makes a 53 man roster. And Chad Thomas game was never a speed rusher in High school so why would we see it in college. He is a perfect 3-4 end 2 gap type and those guys while important to the scheme to let the Lb's make plays almost never get drafted high. And we never should have had to see Thomas as a freshman. That is All I was saying.

Apparently, that's what some of you guys don't seem to understand. Chick doesn't have to do another thing in his career to show that he wasn't being properly used. He's not a 3-4 DE meant to play contain in college. Even if he absolutely stinks up the NFL and gets cut, he should not have been bloated up to play the strength game. Chad Thomas has a bigger frame and a bit of a different skill set, so that's another topic.

Chick had one of the top 3 fastest 10 yard splits of any defensive end at this years combine.
As quick a 10 yard time as Beasley and Fowler.

Look it up.

Advertisement

Chick had one of the top 3 fastest 10 yard splits of any defensive end at this years combine.
As quick a 10 yard time as Beasley and Fowler.

Look it up.

I don't think facts can get in the way of aguante's ignorance.

LOL.

Good luck.

I don't even know why you started with him.

He's the most obvious troll here right now.

Kayaa is too slow to be a 1/1. If he keeps it up, he'll be a late first kind of guy. Jmo

Lmfao if you think 40 yard dash determines a qb's stock. lol You don't need to be fast to climb the pocket. Give me a slow qb that has pocket awareness over a fast qb that leaves the pocket when pressured

Advertisement
So where is Watson expected to be picked? He's the superior pro prospect in every regard, but has to remain healthy for an entire season.

Kayaa is too slow to be a 1/1. If he keeps it up, he'll be a late first kind of guy. Jmo

Lmfao if you think 40 yard dash determines a qb's stock. lol You don't need to be fast to climb the pocket. Give me a slow qb that has pocket awareness over a fast qb that leaves the pocket when pressured

You are reading too much into this and turning it into a different argument. The argument is not whether or not Kayaa can make it as a pro, jeez. Name me all of the slow footed QBs to be drafted in the first round of the past 5 years or so.

There was only like 15 true fresh qbs to start a majority of their games for their respective teams. Kaaya had a great season and was the best of that bunch for a full season. There will be many other QBs that come and go by the time kaaya is done. Assuming he stays healthy - his experience going into the NFL alone will be attractive - but I would guess 1/1 is not gonna be. We have a long time to go. Walter football is a great site tho. They update their draft projections frequently.

Advertisement
Anybody else remember when they said Morris could be 1/1 after he won some QB competition over Johnny Manziel? Hahaha I remember being soooo hyped for '13

Advertisement
Back