2017 CB Bandy One to Watch

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Not everyday does a freshman get pulled up to varsity within his first year at the school. For 2017 Columbus (Fla.) cornerback Trajan Bandy, learning on the fly was a must.

“It was a blessing man. It got to a point where I had to adjust and adapt really quickly. I was surprised because I learned so much technique and how to do things the right way.”

Bandy, now a sophomore, is coming off an impressive season where he was a key player in the Explorers’ secondary and also coming off a trip to the state finals.

“Last year I was playing at the top of my game, I came up with about 8 interceptions. We came up short last year because we didn’t have a good game in the state final, but we’re going to do our best to get back again next year.”

The 5’9 175 pound corner already has 3 offers from Tennessee, Rutgers and Cincinnati. With these offers, Bandy is humbled but desperate for more.

“It was unbelievable when Tennessee offered me, it’s a great school, a great stadium and atmosphere and I almost fell in love. These offers make me more hungry for more and I want to keep getting more and stay focused.”

One school that holds a special place in Bandy’s heart is the hometown University of Miami, a school he’s grown up rooting for ever since he was young.

“I haven’t gotten a chance to speak with the coaches from there, but man I am the biggest fan of the university of Miami. I grew up loving the University of Miami and when I get stuff in a store, the only thing I get is stuff from the University of Miami.”

The athletic defensive back doesn’t hide that an offer from the Hurricanes would mean a lot to him.

“I’ve always wanted to put my city back on the map and if Miami were to offer, I would look forward to going there. I would love to be there because the coaches and the players interact and get a long real well.”

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3946990/highlights/189179375/v2

Advertisement
Man this kids the goods, not usually a fan of small corners but this kid hit's hard great ball skills too. We gotta offer this kid real soon.

Very very very impressive.

Idc about his size. This kid hits like a bullet and his anticipation and ball skills are top notch. Miami needs to get on him and keep this kid home.

All of that was only as a sophomore, this kid will only get better. Plays much bigger than his size.

Hopefully when the time comes for Bandy to make a decision, we'll have a staff in place that doesn't have such a maddening bias against undersized ballers at DB.

Talented kid.

Advertisement
Kid wants to be a Cane. So offer him already. **** you got 2 years to decide if you want to keep him. Just don't wait till he blows up then com'a offering!

Why wouldn't they offer this kid already? That's what this staff is messing up on with the local kids. Aint no way Tennessee should be this kids first big time offer when he is in our backyard

Recruiting DB's Golden 101: Overlook a talented player in our backyard because he is under 6'0. Smh. What a joke

Advertisement
Not everyday does a freshman get pulled up to varsity within his first year at the school. For 2017 Columbus (Fla.) cornerback Trajan Bandy, learning on the fly was a must.

“It was a blessing man. It got to a point where I had to adjust and adapt really quickly. I was surprised because I learned so much technique and how to do things the right way.”

Bandy, now a sophomore, is coming off an impressive season where he was a key player in the Explorers’ secondary and also coming off a trip to the state finals.

“Last year I was playing at the top of my game, I came up with about 8 interceptions. We came up short last year because we didn’t have a good game in the state final, but we’re going to do our best to get back again next year.”

The 5’9 175 pound corner already has 3 offers from Tennessee, Rutgers and Cincinnati. With these offers, Bandy is humbled but desperate for more.

“It was unbelievable when Tennessee offered me, it’s a great school, a great stadium and atmosphere and I almost fell in love. These offers make me more hungry for more and I want to keep getting more and stay focused.”

One school that holds a special place in Bandy’s heart is the hometown University of Miami, a school he’s grown up rooting for ever since he was young.

“I haven’t gotten a chance to speak with the coaches from there, but man I am the biggest fan of the university of Miami. I grew up loving the University of Miami and when I get stuff in a store, the only thing I get is stuff from the University of Miami.”

The athletic defensive back doesn’t hide that an offer from the Hurricanes would mean a lot to him.

“I’ve always wanted to put my city back on the map and if Miami were to offer, I would look forward to going there. I would love to be there because the coaches and the players interact and get a long real well.”

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3946990/highlights/189179375/v2

Tito, is he going to UM on Saturday like some of the other recruits?

I don't see them offering, he falls short of this staff's height requirement. It's disappointing because he's going to get a lot more offers/

Advertisement
Comparing size Antoine Winfield from taint and asante Samuel laying the wood on cats come to mind when I see his film both were studs

8 interceptions playing 8A football in Florida and one of the best tackling corners I've seen on film. No matter his size that's a 100% take in my opinion.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back