2017 Blake ATH Juwan Burgess (Has Miami offer)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He won't be committing tonight he's moved back his decision to takes more visit per 247. He will trim his list though, his Twitter though still says he's making the decision
Burgess moves decision back

Tyler Donohue just CB'd Juwan Burgess in favor of us

Last edited:
He won't be committing tonight he's moved back his decision to takes more visit per 247. He will trim his list though, his Twitter though still says he's making the decision
Burgess moves decision back

Tyler Donohue just CB'd Juwan Burgess in favor of us

Prob was going to pick Clemson until the Donk came rolling through

Na Dugans is the area recruiter as well as Louisiana he's connected to those kids no matter what...we were on him for a while, but we really gained traction when Banda joined

Advertisement
Is he a good player? I noticed he is only a 3 star and so I'm wondering what is he good at and what does he need to work on? Will he be an elite player?

From So year to now he's improved a lot as a route runner and with understanding changing his speed in his routes. He's always been an aggressive kid when the ball is in the air (offense or defense). He is working on getting better transitioning out of his back pedal at CB, but he's still a bigger kid...

He may pick Miami, but he has family ties to uF. He's not a fan of FSU at all, but he has been intrigued by what Bama and Clemson have been doing out of state.

I always saw him as a press corner or FS. But he's impressed me with his ability to run routes and you can't teach his "hunger" when the ball is in the air.

I originally heard he'd commit on Mother's Day (which worried me b/c of the family ties.. :culpability:).

Miami can win this battle. Wherever he goes, he'll want to play WR first.

From So year to now he's improved a lot as a route runner and with understanding changing his speed in his routes. He's always been an aggressive kid when the ball is in the air (offense or defense). He is working on getting better transitioning out of his back pedal at CB, but he's still a bigger kid...

He may pick Miami, but he has family ties to uF. He's not a fan of FSU at all, but he has been intrigued by what Bama and Clemson have been doing out of state.

I always saw him as a press corner or FS. But he's impressed me with his ability to run routes and you can't teach his "hunger" when the ball is in the air.

I originally heard he'd commit on Mother's Day (which worried me b/c of the family ties.. :culpability:).

No he wants to play Safety, I've posted an article quoting him on it and that's where we're recruiting at per 247

Practice was awesome with everybody going against each other all the time," Burgess said. "Of course you had the offense and defense competing but the coaches were doing the same thing. That created so much energy and it was lit. I see they have two safeties in the draft and a couple more who will be seniors this season. There were two walk-ons so if I do come, I would have a real chance to start."

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/weekend-recruiting-update/98546

Advertisement
He plays receiver because the coaches at Plant told him they needed a receiver, so they might as well use him. He'll be a safety at the next level.

I love his potential at FS. I can see him developing into a classic UM ball hawking Free Safety. He locates the ball very well and will not be denied. He plays like every ball is intended for him. Tough, aggressive and smart with good speed and great ball skills. Let's hope Banda continues to work his magic and pulls this kid. The sooner we start stacking Miami caliber talent in the secondary the better.

No he wants to play Safety, I've posted an article quoting him on it and that's where we're recruiting at per 247

Practice was awesome with everybody going against each other all the time," Burgess said. "Of course you had the offense and defense competing but the coaches were doing the same thing. That created so much energy and it was lit. I see they have two safeties in the draft and a couple more who will be seniors this season. There were two walk-ons so if I do come, I would have a real chance to start."

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/weekend-recruiting-update/98546

I hear you. He was working at Safety last year at Plant. Then he was working at just receiver. He wants to play both, but that school isn't big on two-way athletes.

1.) IMO, He is a better DB (Safety). 2.) He will play wherever his coaches tell him to play. 3.) Unless things have changed since March/April (which is possible), he wants to play both sides in college and he would want to try WR first.

But everything we're talking about here is coming from a young man who's in a process that's moving like a 120MPH wind and just wants to get back to playing football (sitting out last year killed him).

Advertisement
Back