2017 ATH CJ Cotman

Advertisement
On offense, Cotman totaled 170 carries for 1822 yards and 33 touchdowns plus 98 catches for 1633 yards and 8 touchdowns. On defense, he piled up 108 tackles, 2 for loss, 3 interceptions, 28 pass breakups, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery, and 2 defensive scores.

Cotman (5-11, 173) helped the Marauders compile a 34-6 record over that span by doing as much as he possibly could.

"I'm very elusive, fast, quick, and precise with the ball in my hands," Cotman said. "Every day I try to get better at something, my route running is absolutely a big one. It all starts with getting the technique down. I try to pay close attention to detail because that helps make someone great."

Cotman would prefer to be a cornerback at the next level although he's fine with offense as well. He noted most programs are recruiting him for either running back or wide receiver.

The Hurricanes have been getting in the mix with Cotman more lately and head coach Mark Richt is a big factor in the equation.

"The new staff has been showing great interest and Coach Mark Richt is a great guy," Cotman said. "He came in from Georgia and my dad speaks highly of him. He told me how he's a great person and he loves God and I like that. I don't know yet how they run their offense and defense but I'm pretty sure I'll find out in a little bit."

Miami initially offered Cotman back in May and he visited for their game in October against Virginia Tech. He certainly considering them more seriously now though.

"It was very quiet with the old staff so it's been a big turnaround," Cotman said. "I absolutely have more attention on them now than I did before. My dad loves the Hurricanes and he said they were the best team in college football back in the day. Then they came back again not too long ago and they're trying to do it again. "

Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon, South Carolina, TCU, and Tennessee are among Cotman's 21 offers. He has only visited the in-state schools and doesn't intend to commit until signing day.

"I'm staying away from a leader, everybody is equal right now," Cotman said. "I just visited Florida last weekend and I think I'm going to Miami's junior day on February 20th. That's it but I discussed things with my dad and we're trying to see Michigan and Ohio State."

Cotman started landing scholarships as a freshman and there was never an avalanche all at once but they've continued to trickle in as recently as last month.

"The only thing I can think of is how it's a huge blessing," Cotman said. "I thank God for everything He has done for me and I'll try to make the best decision at the end of the day. Coach Davis let me play so much my freshman year and I could run with the big boys. Even though I was the youngest on the team, that got my name out."

Cotman is a four star prospect according to the 247Sports Composite, ranking him 6th in the nation at his position and 33rd overall in the state of Florida.

there ya go

We're desperate for corners and Cotman is a stud athlete. Didn't know he'd prefer to play CB in college, but that helps since it's our biggest need.

Want.

Advertisement
Absolute stud, You'd be crazy to take him off offense as he is a legit percy harvin type weapon. I believe he runs something like a 10.5 100 which is flat out flying. I think we have a legit shot at him but my gut tells me he's a Clemson kid all the way. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Absolute stud, You'd be crazy to take him off offense as he is a legit percy harvin type weapon. I believe he runs something like a 10.5 100 which is flat out flying. I think we have a legit shot at him but my gut tells me he's a Clemson kid all the way. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Just reading that bio my first thought was "Clemson". Won't truly compete for nattys until we have 5 or 6 of this type of dude on the roster at a time.

Just reading that bio my first thought was "Clemson". Won't truly compete for nattys until we have 5 or 6 of this type of dude on the roster at a time.

Like where do people come up with these stupid arbitrary requirements for a National Champion?

Smdh

Like where do people come up with these stupid arbitrary requirements for a National Champion?

Smdh

I mean, I remember what our teams looked like when we were good. And I watched the playoff the past two years. But other than that I guess it's made up.

Advertisement

Smdh

I mean, I remember what our teams looked like when we were good. And I watched the playoff the past two years. But other than that I guess it's made up.

Okay...give me 5 players on Clemson and Alabama like this...

Go

I'll shut up if you got 'em

Smdh

Go

Realistically, my number was based on signing 1 or 2 per class. Which you would think is common sense. But since you asked:

Clemson: Scott. Cain. McCloud. Off the top of my head. Would say that they probably have 2 more super fast guys at either corner, receiver or running back on their roster, which I admittedly don't have memorized and am too damned lazy to look up. If those are the only 3 then so be it.

Bama: Ridley. Drake. Fitzpatrick. Cyrus Jones. Damien Harris. They probably have a few more too. Chris Black was supposed to be but we know how that goes.

Clemson just signed Tavares Chase to add another one. Bama just signed Nigel Knott, Trevon Diggs and Josh Jacobs.

Where did you come up with 10.5? His personal best is 10.83, runs consistently 10.95 to 11.05 which is still darn fast. When I read that 10.5, I started looking since that would be national elite.

Where did you come up with 10.5? His personal best is 10.83, runs consistently 10.95 to 11.05 which is still darn fast. When I read that 10.5, I started looking since that would be national elite.

I thought I read that somewhere. I'll take 10.83 combined with a good football player any day of the week.

Advertisement

Smdh

Go

Realistically, my number was based on signing 1 or 2 per class. Which you would think is common sense. But since you asked:

Clemson: Scott. Cain. McCloud. Off the top of my head. Would say that they probably have 2 more super fast guys at either corner, receiver or running back on their roster, which I admittedly don't have memorized and am too damned lazy to look up. If those are the only 3 then so be it.

Bama: Ridley. Drake. Fitzpatrick. Cyrus Jones. Damien Harris. They probably have a few more too. Chris Black was supposed to be but we know how that goes.

Clemson just signed Tavares Chase to add another one. Bama just signed Nigel Knott, Trevon Diggs and Josh Jacobs.

Scott, Cain and mccloud don't have ELITE speed at all however they have great acceleration with average to good breakaway speed.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Smdh

Go

Scoff, Cain and mccloud don't have ELITE speed at all however they have great acceleration with average to good breakaway speed.

I disagree with that but whatever. If the argument is 'we will be fine without having 5-6 explosive players on our roster' than I guess I'm speechless, as that is what I originally said and Jerz has been arguing with me over.

Go

Scoff, Cain and mccloud don't have ELITE speed at all however they have great acceleration with average to good breakaway speed.

I disagree with that but whatever. If the argument is 'we will be fine without having 5-6 explosive players on our roster' than I guess I'm speechless, as that is what I originally said and Jerz has been arguing with me over.

Don't move the goal posts

You said the to compete for a National Championship you NEED 5-6 of that guy and...that's simply wrong

I'll take this guy, Bandy, Marco Wilson, and Roberts as our CB class please.

and Brian Edwards

Shawn Davis should be #1 priority. Then Bandy and keep Roberts.

I wouldn't waste the resources on Marco but let's see.

Edwards is a Safety on next level.

If you're looking for jumbo size corner. Latavious Brini from mater academy.

I like Cotman, if he really wants to be a CB at next level. Go go go go get him.

Advertisement
Back