2017 4 Star APB Anthony McFarland Jr Dematha MD

the competition he's playing against on that film is deplorable. i mean its really bad geez.

he shredded Central

Nah..he only had 36 yards rushing. Their other 2 backs did better.

He didn't split as many reps against AHP. Dematha had a scrimmage the week before the Central game, where he hurt his ankle.

True. He didn't have the burst that he's known for against Central. I thought the most impressive player that day was 4* DE Chase Young (2017) who was offered by us last month.

Last edited:
Advertisement
the competition he's playing against on that film is deplorable. i mean its really bad geez.

This is an argument to why Dematha played one of the toughest schedule's in the country:

DeMatha beat two State Champions: Miami Central 38-14 who won the Florida 6A championship (over undefeated Armwood 48-13). Westfield 35-0 who won the Virginia Division Six (largest school) state championship in a preseason scrimmage with game conditions. DeMatha also beat Philadelphia LaSalle 32-12 who made the Pennsylvania 4A (largest school) semifinal state championship, American Heritage Plantation 23-22 (ahead 16-3 at start of 4th quarter; AHP beat IMG and went into second round of FL 5A playoffs) and Good Counsel twice 28-23 and 48-17 (third largest margin of victory in Catholic league championship in 50+ years).

This is a total of six victories over five teams who were ranked in the top 100 including two victories over state champions and another over a state semi finalist.

DeMatha: Toughest Schedule in America Should Be Top Five (Beat 6 Top 100 Teams) - The Varsity Board - NationalHSFootball Varsity Board

Last edited:
Advertisement
I lived in the D.C. area for years. DeAths is a longtime athletic powerhouse. They've had a number of grads who have gone into the NFL, including Cam Wake.They're the D.C. area equivalent of St. Thomas Aquinas.

Kid is fast and has some great attributes. Would take in a heartbeat. But the film is definitely sped up.

he shredded Central

He didn't split as many reps against AHP. Dematha had a scrimmage the week before the Central game, where he hurt his ankle.

True. He didn't have the burst that he's known for against Central. I thought the most impressive player that day was 4* DE Chase Young (2017) who was offered by us last month.
I remember Young. He was all over the place

I lived in the D.C. area for years. DeAths is a longtime athletic powerhouse. They've had a number of grads who have gone into the NFL, including Cam Wake.They're the D.C. area equivalent of St. Thomas Aquinas.

STA is a good comp except dematha has been doing it for eons

Advertisement

Dont do that. Sta isnt a flash in the pan brah....Their over 30+ years of domination.

There's not much schools in comp with them in the country...

Dematha is a power house program....but this aint new with what sta has been doing...that catholic league up there is known for bball.

he shredded Central

That DLine has a 2016 5-star DE committed to Penn State, and a 2018 5-star DT in Austin Fontaine who was already offered during the summer at the Mark Richt camp. Mark Richt has been trying to create a pipeline to Dematha.

Morning musings: Georgia seems interested in Maryland commit Darryl Turner | The Telegraph

Advertisement

Dont do that. Sta isnt a flash in the pan brah....Their over 30+ years of domination.

Dematha is a power house program....but this aint new with what sta has been doing...that catholic league up there is known for bball.

I don't recall STA being a power in the late 80s/early 90s when I started following recruiting. Maybe I am mistaken.

And you're right, dematha is mostly known for BBall but they've been winning in football since the 60s. Lol

I don't recall STA being a power in the late 80s/early 90s when I started following recruiting. Maybe I am mistaken.

And you're right, dematha is mostly known for BBall but they've been winning in football since the 60s. Lol

Their winning in an area where football isnt a priority.

STA has been winning since the 70's in the MECCA of High School Football....

Realize Dillard High School is right down the street from STA.....and Dillard has had a run at different times since the 80's.

I hate that i even have to vouch for sta...because the whole BROWARD county hate them..lol....So happy that my neighborhood Miramar teams handled them for a few years.

Advertisement

That DLine has a 2016 5-star DE committed to Penn State, and a 2018 5-star DT in Austin Fontaine who was already offered during the summer at the Mark Richt camp. Mark Richt has been trying to create a pipeline to Dematha.

Morning musings: Georgia seems interested in Maryland commit Darryl Turner | The Telegraph

Yeah that Dline totally abused Central. Dematha was winning 38-0 and Central finally scored 2 tds in garbage time.

Realize Dillard High School is right down the street from STA.....and Dillard has had a run at different times since the 80's.

I hate that i even have to vouch for sta...because the whole BROWARD county hate them..lol....So happy that my neighborhood Miramar teams handled them for a few years.

The scene has changed a bit up there. Before, you would see more prospects from the state publics, but now there seems to be a similar talent shift as what we've seen in Broward (Very top heavy, except it's all in the catholic league). If you followed football outside of SFL, then you have likely heard about schools like Dematha, Good Counsel, Gilman, and St. Johns (their biggest donor is the guy who own Under Armour). Until now, I haven't seen any of those schools loaded up with 4/5-star prospects like we're now seeing with Dematha. Their Dline has 2-5 stars and 1-4 star with offers from everywhere. Good Counsel had 1 year where they were loaded, but not like this.

It's sad what happened to Dillard. They were a monster like carol city but just died off. From what I have learned, this was mostly
Because of redistricting?

The scene has changed a bit up there. Before, you would see more prospects from the state publics, but now there seems to be a similar talent shift as what we've seen in Broward (Very top heavy, except it's all in the catholic league). If you followed football outside of SFL, then you have likely heard about schools like Dematha, Good Counsel, Gilman, and St. Johns (their biggest donor is the guy who own Under Armour). Until now, I haven't seen any of those schools loaded up with 4/5-star prospects like we're now seeing with Dematha. Their Dline has 2-5 stars and 1-4 star with offers from everywhere. Good Counsel had 1 year where they were loaded, but not like this.
You know the area. Eddie Goldman came from one of those schools, maybe Good Counsel??? I remember Gonzaga in D.C., as another Catholic League school. The Under Armour guy is now pumping money into Maryland's football program, trying to build it up.

Advertisement
Back