2016 WR Commit Richards Rocking with Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
WHS_Football.jpg

2016 Miami commit and Wellington (Fla.) wide receiver Ahmmon Richards is aware that he currently doesn’t hold any all star game invites, yet it doesn’t bother him in the slightest.

Richards is considered one of the best players in the nation according to scouting websites, but is fully confident his skills are good enough to compete with the best.

“To me it’s about what you can really do on the field. If i get invited to one of these I’m blessed, but if I don’t ,then I don’t.I know what I can bring to the field and to a school.”

Richards was a star in his teams spring game as he led the way with 2 interception returns for touchdowns for 98 and 74 yards respectively along with 1 receiving touchdown.

The 6’2 175 pound athlete enjoys being able to impact the game from both sides of the ball and one of the biggest joys of football.

“It’s really fun because I’m just enjoying the game and making plays on both sides of the ball. It’s fun because I get to enjoy it now, but in college I have to switch to one side.”

While Richards originally committed to former Hurricanes wide receivers coach Brennan Carroll, new receivers coach Kevin Beard and Richards have hit it off.

“It’s funny because I met him at the FSU game and he was at the door and was all excited when he saw me,” said Richards. “He said I remind him a lot of him in the way I play.”

The current stable of 2016 receiver recruits that Miami has committed has Richards excited to compete with some of the best when he arrives in Coral Gables.

“To me it’s going to be really fun, I like competing and getting better with each other everyday and just getting better as a team.”

Richards has also gotten an opportunity to watch some tape of 2016 quarterback commit Jack Allison and has high praise for the Palmetto quarterback.

“I watch him a lot and I’ve seen his hull,” said Richards. “He’s really humble and he doesn’t talk a lot, he’s just confident and knows what he brings to the field. He’s a silent killer.”

Richards has been committed for nearly a year now and while many other high caliber schools are still ringing up his phone, Richards assures he’s solidly committed to Miami.

“I believe in Miami, I really think they’re going to change things around,” said Richards. “I really like Al Golden and I feel like they really do care about me.”

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ben
Advertisement
elite scouting services has him rated as the number 2 cb in the state.

www.elitescoutingservices.com

2-Ahmmon Richards-Wellington-6’2-175-(Committed to University of Miami)-Richards is one of the most impressive athletes on the board. He can play receiver, cornerback or safety in college. What makes Richards so impressive is his ability to stop and start so sudden and not lose any momentum. His athletic ability to go along with his size and speed is quite impressive. Richards is not a prospect that you hear much of but there are not many better on the football field then this talented rising senior. Richards was a big reason why Wellington made a run late into the playoffs. (Comparison: Antrel Rolle)

• Love
Is this the type of player we simply get on campus and figure out a position later??

He can clearly play either WR or CB, but having him listed at one position or another may discourage another talent from coming at those positions.

Thoughts??

Advertisement
Is this the type of player we simply get on campus and figure out a position later??

He can clearly play either WR or CB, but having him listed at one position or another may discourage another talent from coming at those positions.

Thoughts??

I want him at WR but he could be a great fit as a FS or CB too.

I love guys like Burnett, Ahmmon, Mullins, Hinson, Pie, etc. because of the versatility. Cause if something doesn't go right at one position, could work out at another.

Love this kid. He is an athletic freak. I saw a photo of him flashing the U, and his hand size must be 50% larger than an average person of his height/weight.

Advertisement
elite scouting services has him rated as the number 2 cb in the state.

www.elitescoutingservices.com

2-Ahmmon Richards-Wellington-6’2-175-(Committed to University of Miami)-Richards is one of the most impressive athletes on the board. He can play receiver, cornerback or safety in college. What makes Richards so impressive is his ability to stop and start so sudden and not lose any momentum. His athletic ability to go along with his size and speed is quite impressive. Richards is not a prospect that you hear much of but there are not many better on the football field then this talented rising senior. Richards was a big reason why Wellington made a run late into the playoffs. (Comparison: Antrel Rolle)

love that comparison too!! Its All About The U!!

Idc about rankings for this kid. His tape is sick!! Looking forward to having him here

I saw this young man play 5 times last season and while he had a tremendous season playing WR, in my opinion he is a better player at CB. He is so instinctive and his long arms gives him such an edge.

Hope he sticks and plays Defense!

i just dont want him to go to any of those all star game...im stingy...i want to keep this kid in the fold and underrated.

He's my fav in this class by far!!!!

• Love
Advertisement
I saw this young man play 5 times last season and while he had a tremendous season playing WR, in my opinion he is a better player at CB. He is so instinctive and his long arms gives him such an edge.

Hope he sticks and plays Defense!

He can play both sides. Just get him on the field

• Love
Advertisement
At this point im only confident a kid sticks if he says he doesn't really care who the coaches are, and as long as he has a scholly from Miami, that's where he's going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back