2016 WR Commit Bruce Jr. Updates the Latest

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
The St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders had an offensive outburst last Friday as they pummeled Deerfield Beach 45-7. 2016 WR Sam Bruce contributed along with fellow Hurricane commit Jordan Scarlett as they combined for four touchdowns.

“It almost feels fake because he plays off my energy and I play off of his and thats just how we play our game. All of us we come together, we pray together and we get the job done and thats how it’s been going all season.”

While many feel that Bruce and Scarlett headline the Raiders offense, Bruce is adamant about all the other players in the offense and how they help.

“We have a lot of weapons, we have Jawuan Harris. We even have young guys like Trevon Grimes and he does a great job in the offense. He’s definitely gonna be aspect of the offense next year; We got Jake Rizzo and he’s a gunslinger. We’re all contributing and making a difference in the game.”

Bruce committed to Miami this past summer and chose the Hurricanes over the Seminoles and Ohio State. With the Hurricanes and Seminoles set to face off next week, Bruce is excited to see the two in-state rivals clash.

“I know it’s going to be a great one. I’m definitely looking for an upset, I know a lot of people think FSU is gonna have this game out of the water, but I definitely think Miami can win.”

The 5’9 160 pound receiver has been impressed with the Hurricanes play of late and is specifically intrigued by the offense led by true freshman Brad Kaaya.

“I think they’re playing well, I think there in straight attack mode. That’s what they need to do against FSU, they need to play a great game. (On Kaaya) He’s getting experience right now and then when I come in he will be a Vet.”

Bruce has plans of enrolling early for his senior season in hopes to get a real connection with Kaaya.

“Things will be clicking and we can build chemistry during the offseason. I plan to get out of school early and get in time for the spring.”

Throughout the process Scarlett and Bruce have consistently vocalized their solid commitment to Miami and Bruce voiced it once again.

“I’m all in on Miami.”

So what’s Bruce’s prediction for the Miami-Florida State game?

“Miami by ten.”

Advertisement
Love the kid's attitude and enthusiasm. It will be contagious with other potential recruits!

Advertisement
Advertisement
2014: Braxton Berrios
2015: Tim Irvin
2016: Sam Bruce

Pick up Tim and we'll be straight on PR's until for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I thought STA never let's kids enroll early

They Don't lol

He might be able to even if they dont because he had credits from U School and they may be more than enough to get him through for him to do so

no he will not be allowed to and his credits from u school would not put him ahead his current status credit wise

In that case, couldn't he go to summer school in 2015 to get the credits he needs?

I thought STA never let's kids enroll early

They Don't lol

He might be able to even if they dont because he had credits from U School and they may be more than enough to get him through for him to do so

no he will not be allowed to and his credits from u school would not put him ahead his current status credit wise

In that case, couldn't he go to summer school in 2015 to get the credits he needs?

the courses he would need are not available in the summer sessions

They Don't lol

the courses he would need are not available in the summer sessions

OK, that makes sense. Many thanks for the explanation!

Advertisement
Back