2016 WR Bruce Updates the Latest

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2016 University School (Fla.) receiver Sam Bruce is off to a strong start this season, playing a key role in air attack for the Suns.

“The season’s going great. I have about seven touchdowns and almost six hundred yards. We’re undefeated at 6-0.”

While the team has yet to lose a game, the goal at the end of the season is to return to the state championship. Bruce says it requires the entire team to stay focused and go about its business every day.

“We definitely have to keep executing and playing hard everyday and also playing every game with a state championship effort.”

While the Suns are taking it one game at a time, there is one specific game everyone is circling on their schedule: the season finale against Dade powerhouse Miami Central.

“You just don’t understand, man. That whole week is gonna be filled with excitement and I’m not trying to be ****y, but I feel like the game won’t even be close. We’re definitely anticipating the game.”

Bruce exploded onto the high school football scene and colleges began noticing back in the spring. He now holds offers from multiple schools including Miami, Florida, Florida State and Notre Dame.

“It’s great. It’s just a blessing to be at the magnitude I’m at right now. I’m just focused on the season and I’m trying to stay humble and just keep practicing every day and when I practice, just working on my craft and perfecting my skills.”

While the University school product is still young in the recruiting process, he does admit there are a few schools sticking out to him.

“I’d definitely have to say Clemson, definitely Florida State and Miami.”

Bruce described each of the three schools and what he likes most about them.

Miami: “Miami’s speed, they have a lot of shifty players on the field and they like to get the ball out to their playmakers.”

Clemson: “Their ability to spread the ball around and get it to their playmakers.”

Florida State: “Florida State’s been a school that I’ve loved since I was a kid and now that I have the opportunity to go there it makes a big difference."

Bruce has one trip planned so far this year and it’s to watch in-state rivals Miami and Florida state battle it out on November 2nd.

When asked what he will be looking for in a school, the 2016 prospect had a few things he would like to see in his choice.

“Definitely a team with a bond, a great educational program. I’m going to be majoring in sports broadcasting. I’d definitely have to say a fast-tempo team, a team that likes to get the ball to their playmakers in space and let them work and definitely a college town.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Hate to sound negative but we have a lot working against us here. This kid is awesome too

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back