2016 the new state of Miami football

1983canes

Freshman
Overall we are in great hands from the last ten years..

I have learked for years and post once in awhile, but this is a great site. So let's get it on fellers.. First I hope we beat them Domers next season!

Richt was a solid and great choice for what we need. Consistency at being good. Now it may not be NC level, honestly, but it will set us back to that stage. We needed a proven solid coach. I think everyone agrees with that.

Richt will get us this..

Solid running back/ game.
Solid line play on both sides.
Play in big games.. Meaning we can actually be able to beat FSU, Clemson and tough OO conference teams. Even if we go 50/50 with these and run our division we are in the mix.

Disciplined and tough players.

Most things that made Miami period He will get UM back in the mix, of real football. If a coordinator fails at a task, then they will be let go. It's his last gig, a feather in the cap, no reason not to honor his alma mater. And he is getting paid.

Nobody knows better than Coach Richt himself. I am sure he would love to be the coach of Miami that brought back the respect and toughness we were known for. He was here just when it started. And in recruiting he has already said.

"I don't know what everyone says (the media) this is an absolutely beautiful campus and an amazing college to go to for a young student athlete"

And he is right, for those that have not actually been to UM, it is an amazing place. It may not be the Taj Mahal of football Mecca's but its an awesome place. Plus it's in Miami, a premier US city.. And this is from a cat from San Diego, and San Fran. Two great cities, and also retarded expensive.

It will be a long off season.. We will probably go 9 wins next year.. Purge the mentality. Kayaa, will really grow though. 2017, UM get's tough and solid. Bigger line play, tough running game, Kayaa goes out with a solid bowl win.

Cheers to all the Canes that have been through it all.

And go Edge for making it to the college hall of fame...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Solid post, I think most of us feel like that around here. Hopefully Richt can take the next step, we have a deeper talent base so it should be easier.

9 wins would be severely underwhelming with Kaaya as a junior. 10 wins min with at least a win in the ACCCG and/or the bowl should be the expectation.

We hired a quality coach. The team he was fired from just won 10 games, and had a terrible QB.

The 2016 Miami Hurricanes should be playing in the ACC championship game. The OL and DL coaches are vets, the DC is above average, and we have a junior QB who is projected to be a first round NFL draft pick.

I expect, at least, 10 wins in 2016 ... Same expectations any coach should have at Miami, IMO.

Advertisement
The wildcard is how players will respond. I don't get off on calling everything Golden oversaw "infected with his virus", but how the personnel receives the transition is a significant factor, as well as how the new staff approaches them. Especially in year 1.

We're in that phase now. Acclimation.

* Non-Conference game: Florida Atlantic
* ACC home games: Duke, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Florida State
* ACC road games: Georgia Tech, Virginia, Virginia Tech, NC State
Notre Dame on the road.

50/50 Games: FSU/ND
70% win chance: VT(spread offense vs diaz defense)
80% Win percentage: GT(Richt owns them), Virginia (BYU staff lol), UNC(if they don't drop off, but we got them at home regardless), NCState(tobacco road game)
90% Win Chance: Dook, Pittsburgh(we got them at home with a new OC)
If we lose I'm donating for a banner: FAU, FAMU, App State

It's not that the cupboard is bare but it will be interesting to see how the team responds with the new regime. It might take a year or two to de-Goldenilize the program. It definitely helps with an entire new staff though.

Absolute bare minimum wins next year is 9 including the bowl game. The last lame duck staff managed 8. Anything less than 9 will be a huge disappointment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back