2016 recruiting class

better question why was Richt let go..

He couldn't beat Florida or Alabama consistently, especially Florida the last couple of years. I'm not sure why he decided to play Bauta the entire game. If Chubb didn't get hurt, I don't think he would have been fired, but I know they've been unhappy for a long time. The Sunday after the UF game, the biggest boosters met with their AD, and wanted Richt gone then. I have watched a lot of their games, and the team has come out lifeless more than a few times. I am hoping that he will be energized getting to coach the way he wants to at Miami.

As far as recruiting goes, I'd imagine Smart had contact with most of the same players that UGA was after, so it probably wasn't hard to keep the relationships there, whereas Richt and the coaches had to go introduce themselves to a lot of kids late in the process. Listening to the recent interviews, he had to watch film on the kids already recruited, to see if he even wanted to keep them.

Please tell me who beats Alabama consistently? I don't know if I can think of a team off the top of my head who has beat them more than once in the last 6-7 years (maybe Ole Miss?)

You mention the last couple years with UF, but rumor is the reigns were taken from his hands so maybe that has something to do with it, and prior to that it was Urban at UF, who like Saban, does not get beat on the regular.

Miami and hate to say fsu can beat bama with sfla speed, u recruit speed and if miami can hit there max potential they could beat bama. The U at there best is better than any other teamx

Advertisement

He couldn't beat Florida or Alabama consistently, especially Florida the last couple of years. I'm not sure why he decided to play Bauta the entire game. If Chubb didn't get hurt, I don't think he would have been fired, but I know they've been unhappy for a long time. The Sunday after the UF game, the biggest boosters met with their AD, and wanted Richt gone then. I have watched a lot of their games, and the team has come out lifeless more than a few times. I am hoping that he will be energized getting to coach the way he wants to at Miami.

As far as recruiting goes, I'd imagine Smart had contact with most of the same players that UGA was after, so it probably wasn't hard to keep the relationships there, whereas Richt and the coaches had to go introduce themselves to a lot of kids late in the process. Listening to the recent interviews, he had to watch film on the kids already recruited, to see if he even wanted to keep them.

Please tell me who beats Alabama consistently? I don't know if I can think of a team off the top of my head who has beat them more than once in the last 6-7 years (maybe Ole Miss?)

You mention the last couple years with UF, but rumor is the reigns were taken from his hands so maybe that has something to do with it, and prior to that it was Urban at UF, who like Saban, does not get beat on the regular.

Miami and hate to say fsu can beat bama with sfla speed, u recruit speed and if miami can hit there max potential they could beat bama. The U at there best is better than any other teamx

FSU with Jimbo as a HC could not consistently beat Alabama. Besides, that doesn't answer the original question of who has consistently beat Bama since FSU hasn't been playing Bama.

Miami and FSU with the right coach could get the talent to beat Saban, but even then it would have to be a really good coach, or an overwhelmingly great team to do it consistently. There are more talented teams that Saban has beaten imo. Consistently would be something like 4 out of 6 games at the very least and there is noone who has done that. Like I said, I believe Ole Miss is the only one to even beat them twice in the last 7-8 years. Florida probably beat them twice when Saban was still rebuilding and it was Urban coaching them, but since then, not so much.

On a side note, Clemson should have won that title game. They beat themselves, and Bama had some great playcalls, but it was obvious Clemson was the better team.

Miami has great athletes but bama recruits monsters on OL/DL. That's the difference. We have to get Animals on defense and good offensive lineman.

Advertisement
Back