2016 RB Deon McIntosh

Nash Williams

Freshman
Deon McIntosh, brother of Miami Hurricanes freshman defensive end Richard McIntosh, has announced he will be attending tomorrow's 'U Day' recruit BBQ on campus. I have been asked numerous times about where the 'Canes stand for one of the best RB's in south Florida for 2016.

Deon does hold a Miami offer but at Miami Dolphins High School Media Day he made it known that the 'Canes are "too stacked" at the running back position and he doesn't have serious interest. He doesn't want to go sit on the sidelines he said. He said he will be look at schools such as Tennessee, Kentucky, and Notre Dame among others.

Advertisement
Soft. Kids never realize that they are an ankle twist away from playing.

Thanks for the update, Nash. Surprised to see such a candid response, even though he'd face plenty of competition at Tennessee or Notre Dame.

It's not looking good for that second RB slot in this class. But it is interesting that Tennessee is still pursuing Rasul and McIntosh, even though they told Fils-Aime he'd be the only RB in their class. Probably covering their bases in case he flips to Auburn.

Also said he wants to play in a spread offense that will use him in the backfield and at receiver, said Miami only wants to use him in the backfield.

I could see him at Kentucky. UT told Fils-Aime they are only taking 1 back and they aren't going to hurt their chances on him for McIntosh.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at West Virginia or VT.

Advertisement
From what I've seen (coaching against him) I'd be surprised if he saw the field here. His brother was a stud though.

From what I've seen (coaching against him) I'd be surprised if he saw the field here. His brother was a stud though.

Explain if you don't mind y you feel that way about him seems like a stud

Well, he didn't really give us any problems. (and we suck lol)

He wasn't overly explosive. Not particularly quick. Just seemed like a good high school RB, not really someone that I could see at Miami.

We played at least 2 running backs that season who were better than him. (kid at Coral Springs and a kid at Coral Reef that apparently just transferred to BTW)
We couldn't tackle either one of those kids.

Advertisement
Back