2016+ Qb's

mjl7atlas

Sophomore
With Kaaya the obvious leader for the next year (or two), what situation would we be in with Rosier, Shirreffs, and Allison? Rosier is a solid qb and played will with actual prep time (see Duke). Haven't really heard a lot on Shirreffs but was under the impression he was a gunslinger. Everyone goes drooling over stars and the thought of Eason defecting here from GA/UF, but I am more inclined to take Allison who has had better opponents to shine with. Thoughts on our qb future?

Advertisement
I believe our quarterback situation here is solid, we have a head coach that wants to be hands on with the quarterback's. also with the possibility of Kaaya staying for two more years it give the other qb more time to develop and coaches more time to build more quality depth.

I believe our quarterback situation here is solid, we have a head coach that wants to e be hands on with the quarterback's. also with the possibility of Kaaya staying for two more years it give the other qb more time to develop and coaches more time to build more quality depth.

Yea we can shirt every QB we get from here on out until Kaaya leaves (at least).. i think rosier is capable of being ready in 2 years. He has a beautiful deep ball like Stephen Morris. Just gotta work on the mechanics and Acc

With Kaaya the obvious leader for the next year (or two), what situation would we be in with Rosier, Shirreffs, and Allison? Rosier is a solid qb and played will with actual prep time (see Duke). Haven't really heard a lot on Shirreffs but was under the impression he was a gunslinger. Everyone goes drooling over stars and the thought of Eason defecting here from GA/UF, but I am more inclined to take Allison who has had better opponents to shine with. Thoughts on our qb future?

Really? What gave you that impression about Shirreffs? Seems like a prototypical NFL-type QB - tall, strong enough arm, headed player whose highlights show patience and very good throwing mechanics for a youngster. What he lacks is good weight, playing experience, and top notch coaching at this level. Rosier looked very good at Duke, which is very promising. He was very poised, seemed unfazed by the moment. He throws a pretty spiral and very catchable ball. That TD to Waters on what I think was a flag route was a thing of beauty. DMoney says he has accuracy issues, but at Duke, the game where he actually had a lot of reps leading up to it, he completed almost 70% of his passes. Not bad for a back up. Allison's senior numbers aren't as good as Sherriffs'. Evan completed 69% of his passes for 2784 yards with a 23/4 TD to INT ratio. He threw 39 TDs to 4 INTs for his abbreviated high school career. And the competition in GA is good enough. He was MVP of the GA FL all star game. Jack will be a good one for us, but he won't walk in and play. Good players ahead of him.

Richt has pro-style quarterbacks to work with. Kaaya, Shireffs and Allison are all tall guys with arm talent. It's a nice fit.

I think Shireffs takes the backup job. His length is a big advantage over Rosier and he can move a little.

Advertisement
Richt has pro-style quarterbacks to work with. Kaaya, Shireffs and Allison are all tall guys with arm talent. It's a nice fit.

I think Shireffs takes the backup job. His length is a big advantage over Rosier and he can move a little.
While I believe Shirreffs will eventually turn into a good one I can't help but be impressed with Rosier's performance at Duke...He has what it takes to be a starter...

Advertisement
Back