2016 Hallandale WR Joshua Hammond is starting to blow up

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
Just got offers from Wisconsin, Tennessee and West Virginia and accepted his invitation for the Under Armour game next year.

I'm telling you, people are sleeping big time on Hallandale.

Taj McGowan to UCF. Malik Henderson to Pittsburgh. Kilby-Lane to FSU. Juwan Taylor to UGA. Richie Cooper to NIU and Dana Levine to Syracuse. That's 6 D-1 kids.

Here is Hammonds junior highlights

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2700817/highlights/171228377

6'1"

gogeta since I know you know a lot more about that area. How good is this kid?I know Simpkins from Miramar is over there now too.

And what I heard was that Chris Cotto killed at the SFE tryouts.

To me it seems like Richie Cooper '15 went way under the radar. Under appreciated.

Hallandale took Central to the wire from what I remember from the playoffs too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just did a bit of research. Josh is Frankie Hammonds little brother. I'm sure some peeps around here remember that name.

Just did a bit of research. Josh is Frankie Hammonds little brother. I'm sure some peeps around here remember that name.

Kid that was committed to us for five minutes then flipped to UF and never did ****

Hallandale has talent every in and year out. They beat a very good AMHS team few years back

Taj McGowan will be a player that fans will wonder why Golden didn't offer in a few years.

Advertisement
any DTs finna blowup? Correct me if I'm wrong but Dade hasn't produced a single elite DT prospect in almost 7 years since Forston. **** is ridiculous.

My Alma mater! Frankie Hammond decommited from us because Coach Shannon stopped recruiting him, bte he plays for the Kansas City Chiefs. His younger brother is very interested in Miami and is fast! Hallandale is loaded with D1 talent every year. Coach Dameon Jones can coach! For whatever reason Miami historically never recruits kids from my HS. Hopefully that changes this year.

My Alma mater! Frankie Hammond decommited from us because Coach Shannon stopped recruiting him, bte he plays for the Kansas City Chiefs. His younger brother is very interested in Miami and is fast! Hallandale is loaded with D1 talent every year. Coach Dameon Jones can coach! For whatever reason Miami historically never recruits kids from my HS. Hopefully that changes this year.

we also recruited that Willie Bailey kid from that school. signed with UF and never heard from him again.

we also recruited that Willie Bailey kid from that school. signed with UF and never heard from him again.

Willie was overrated IMO...

Advertisement
HE IS NOW AT VIRGINIA UNION

WOW!!!! Really??? Sheesh. He certainly looked the part of a potential good S.

I too wonder why we never have done well at Hallandale High. Seems like certain schools in Broward, for whatever reason, we cant get a foothold in. (Hallandale High, Ely High, Coconut Creek/Monacrch High, off the top of my head)

Yea he he actually won Rookie of the year for that conference so he's doing well. I never understood why Miami didnt recruit Hallandale, South Broward, Hollywood Hills, Stranahan and others more. So much talent at those schools.

Advertisement

Not sure that's true....pretty sure we recruited him even after he committed to UF. Either way, good luck to him...hope his brother makes a better choice.

Just got offers from Wisconsin, Tennessee and West Virginia and accepted his invitation for the Under Armour game next year.

I'm telling you, people are sleeping big time on Hallandale.

Aren't these the type of kids that Miami should have the jump on?

Instead, his first offers are from Tennessee, WVU and Wisconsin.

Yea he he actually won Rookie of the year for that conference so he's doing well. I never understood why Miami didnt recruit Hallandale, South Broward, Hollywood Hills, Stranahan and others more. So much talent at those schools.

I can't remember the last time South Broward, Hollywood Hills or Stranahan had any real talent. (well, major D-1 talent)

Hallandale is loaded because they currently have a monopoly on the Hollywood/Dania/Hallandale area. They're killing Hollywood Hills, South Broward and McCarthur.

Advertisement

I can't remember the last time South Broward, Hollywood Hills or Stranahan had any real talent. (well, major D-1 talent)

Hallandale is loaded because they currently have a monopoly on the Hollywood/Dania/Hallandale area. They're killing Hollywood Hills, South Broward and McCarthur.

Amazing to think. I remember McCarthur had Kato and Newbold on their roster as Freshman. Kendrell and Pough last year. Kids are getting plucked out.

Hallandale is legit.

Amazing to think. I remember McCarthur had Kato and Newbold on their roster as Freshman. Kendrell and Pough last year. Kids are getting plucked out.

Hallandale is legit.

It's wack though.

There's enough talent in the area that Hollywood Hills, South Broward, McCarthur and Hallandale could be decent. But then if they all had equal talent that would mean guys would actually have to out-coach each other.

This whole monopoly thing is killing high school football in Broward County IMO. There's monopolies in every region of Broward. Monarch has the monopoly in their area. Cypress Bay has the monopoly in Western Broward. Hallandale owns Dania/Hollywood area. And obviously we know what the private schools do.

The overall competition in this county would be awesome if this wasn't going on, but oh well.

Hallandale is legit.

It's wack though.

There's enough talent in the area that Hollywood Hills, South Broward, McCarthur and Hallandale could be decent. But then if they all had equal talent that would mean guys would actually have to out-coach each other.

This whole monopoly thing is killing high school football in Broward County IMO. There's monopolies in every region of Broward. Monarch has the monopoly in their area. Cypress Bay has the monopoly in Western Broward. Hallandale owns Dania/Hollywood area. And obviously we know what the private schools do.

The overall competition in this county would be awesome if this wasn't going on, but oh well.

ALOT OF THOSE KIDS ARE ALSO TRANSFERS FROM MIRAMAR AND DADE SCHOOLS AS WELL...SOME KIDS TRANSFER TO HALANDALE BECAUSE THEREE'S TOO MUCH TALENT AT THE OTHER SCHOOLS COME TO HALLANDALE AND PLAY RIGHT AWAY! MIAMI NEEDS TO CREATE A PIPELINE!

Advertisement
Back