2016 commit

I can't confirm this, but I went to school in Carol City with a Michael Pinckley, his mom was an school teacher at CC elementary too as a matter of fact. Possibly my classmates kid.... FWIW, there's probably a strong reason why this kid naturaly likes Da U... IJS

Advertisement
At first I thought Jacksonville kid so no chance he flips but looks like he's a Big Cane fan. Hope we hold on.

Great pick up...welcome to the U!!!

148.gif
153.gif

I can't confirm this, but I went to school in Carol City with a Michael Pinckley, his mom was an school teacher at CC elementary too as a matter of fact. Possibly my classmates kid.... FWIW, there's probably a strong reason why this kid naturaly likes Da U... IJS
on his IG he did call Miami "going back home"

Advertisement
Advertisement
All I could see was an attacking style defense. Pinckney must have had a million tackles for loss just anticipating the snap count and attacking the line scrimmage.

He reminds me of the FSU LB's they attack & when they arrive they finish plays. It's only sophomore highlights, so I know he's just scratching the surface. He honestly might grow into a defensive lineman. But we'll see how his body develops.

I guess many saw what I saw! A high school defensive coordinator with a better defensive philosophy than ours. This is how old Canes defenses used to play. Attila the Hun (sp?) style....attack! attack! and attack again! By the way this commit looks **** good. Too many SoFl recruits not dedicated to reppin their own hood.

Advertisement
Not to derail the thread, but I saw Raines and immediately thought of Louis Nix.

My god the difference he would have made had he signed at UM.

Like the kid's film though, good pickup.

Did we ***** up somehow on Nix? I'm trying to remember the story.

Advertisement
These are those fast twitchy LB we use to recruit. I like the pick up...

Would you put Quarterman in that category? He seemed to have decent flexibility and ability to back pedal and move from side to size, particularly for a kid who is already pretty thick for his age. With some of these big LBs, especially at a young age, I wonder if they have the quickness and flexibiliy they need: think Lamont Green, going back in history, Keith Carter, and more recently, Jeff Luc.

I remember Luc's tape, and he was a big muscular kid that didn't move around that much but hit like a ton of bricks when he got you. This kid Quarterman hits like a ton of bricks, some seems pretty mobile. I just thought I'd bring it up here, although it's not a Quarterman thread, because of the comment on Pinckney.

Advertisement
Back