2016 Cedrick Wright and Joseph Jackson commit to the U

Class of 2016 though.
Means nothing at this point.

So we shouldnt take their commitment?

According to the all mighty mopes of the board. If you don't follow their agenda and cry and whine in every thread you are a Al Golden supporter and you deserve death. What about people like me who don't care for Golden, but tired of hearing grown men older than me (33+) crying every single thread and ruining every thread that doesn't support their "agenda". Did I miss anything?
The fact that you're calling it an agenda confirms you are on your knees in front of El Foldo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cedrick Wright could be the next generation of Sean taylor… i know I'm calling it big.. but something about that kid makes me think so.

Advertisement
Every safety that commits to Miami is not the next Sean Taylor proly will never be another one so give up with the comparisons

Advertisement
I know gulliver doesn't play the best comp, but I love Ced and JoJo tape. It's hard to not be amped about these 2

Wow, very impressed by both of them. JoJo is just smashing fools out there. I like how Ced is used all over the field making plays.

Watching jo jos tape i noticed ced was still around the ball alot. I really, really like cedric wright. He plays ****ed and is always trying to wreak havoc.

Advertisement
Found it ironic they both committed today as I was discussing about Jackson just the other day.

Seen all 4 of the Gulliver kids live. Mullins, Wright, Jackson and Burns(2017)

All legit.

Mullins, Wright and Burns have been best friends since they were little kids and played for the Florida City Razorbacks. All 3 are lifelong canes fans as well.

Had touched on that subject a few months back in this thread. https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...aylor-Wright)?highlight=The+Gulliver+pipeline

Jackson is very close with them as well and loves Miami.

Someone mentioned to me a few days ago how important was Baez to these kids recruitment? Baez played a huge part. Prior to Baez coming here... Mullins was upset with Miami for not showing interest at the time. Jackson was very much into Alabama and Wright was looking at Ohio state. Only Jackson had an offer from Miami prior to Baez being here. Yes it's crazy to hear that but it is true despite them all being fans of Miami for years.

Baez repaired a lot of the relationships there.

The offer to Wright pretty much sealed the deal here a few weeks ago. It was only a matter of when they would commit.

Robert Burns will be coming here as well. It's only a matter of time until he commits. He is most likely the best prospect of the 4.

Wright is about 5'9"-5'10" at about 185. Aggressive, hard working and in your face type of player. His heart makes up for his height.

Wrights Junior Highlights - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2875122/highlights/199414389

Jackson is 6'5" 240 and can play both TE and DE. Jackson can be a phenomenal TE at the next level but I think he projects better to DE at this point as he will most likely outgrow tight end as he has the frame to add more muscle. Big, athletic and fast for his size.

Jackson's Junior Highlights - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1699556/highlights/197980382

***Jackson has 3 other highlight tapes that show some of the same stuff, I put the best one up above but on his profile you can see the other 3 that have some special teams and some TE on there as well. - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1699556/highlights

Dionte and Cedrick throwing up the U for the Razorbacks when they were younger and Gulliver Prep just this past season.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Robert Burns, Cedrick Wright and Dionte Mullins as kids.

image.jpg

From L to R. Dionte Mullins, Momma Mullins, Cedrick Wright, Mullins brother and on the bottom the late Sean Taylor's little brother and Gulliver Prep class of 2020 Gabriel Taylor

image.jpg

Little write up from the other day I had on Joseph Jackson.

Jackson has a high ceiling at both positions of TE and DE but where I do agree is that he could probably end up outgrowing TE, he is 6'5"-6'6" 240 as a high school junior and he has the frame and room to get even bigger. *he hasn't filled out yet*

For a big kid he is very athletic and moves VERY well at his size.

What I like about him as a TE is the way he uses his body and size to his advantage in the air. He's very physical and is fast for a kid who is pushing 240+ already. STRONG is an understatement.

As a Defensive End I love his disruptive play as he can be a violent pass rusher off the edge and has long arms and the athleticism to alter a Quarterbacks pass.

I have seen him live.

It's no knock at all the TE comment 'cause he could be a star as a DE or TE. I just think he could be a phenomenal TE but he could outgrow that position easily though.

It speaks levels to his athleticism and the player that he is. Two way star, which is my favorite type of recruit.

IMO, you take Jackson and see how much he progresses in the weight room. This kid could very well be 250+ by the time he gets to college and you could expect another 20-30 pounds of muscle after that by the time he's done.

Good example here. Calais Campbell type of potential even though he is just a tad taller at 6'8" than Joseph who is 6'5"-6'6" range.

Campbell was a two way star in high school who played tight end and could have been a good one at that position but outgrew it. Campbell played basketball and did track and field as well and was a very big athletic kid, long arms and played tight end and defensive end just like Joseph himself.

Advertisement
Back