2016 Canes loaded ??

904Cane

Freshman
QB - Kaaya, Rosier, Sheriffs (who they rave about),Testaverde Allison
RB - Yearby, Walton, Edwards, Trayon Gray - probably headed to WR, Homer
FB Tucker , Baten
WR - Cager, Brady, Lewis, Berrios ,Langham, Mullins * , Bruce *, Coley (hope he stays)
TE - Njoku, Herndon, Dobard , Washington (still young came from prep school may grow into OT)
OL - Darling, Linder, Isadora, McDermott, Odogwu -entire starting line + Gall , Brown and a long list of talented red-shirt freshmen

Defense

DL: Thomas, Jackson, Muhammed, Jenkins, Willis (Gator transfer), Norton , Harris, Hamilton (he maybe gone took Sr. day pic)
LB: Grace, Owens, Gayot, Young, Smith Mk, Perry*, Gordinier *, Quarterman *, Pinckney *
DB: Corn Elder (he should return), Redwine, Mayes, Jackson, Henley, Carter, Jenkins, Johnson, Knowles

We will need some players to step up at DB and WR if so we could be poised for a big year..

Advertisement
With a half decent coach, this team wins the Coastal next year and compete for the ACC outright. By far more talented than GT, UNC , VaTech, Pitt, and Duke with easily the best QB of the bunch. Anything short of that is a failure.

Advertisement
For the last 5 years we would look at our team on paper, get excited, and then get disappointed during the season. Can't wait for the next coach. If it's Butch, I have a feeling he is going to crack the whip on these guys.

our oline should be better just by virtue of another year older and stronger and more starts under their belt.
we lost 4 games with this oline, there is no way they are good for a "few" losses next year as well. sorry.

WR is terrible is Bruce and Mullins aren't here. CB is thin if Corn returns, bleak if he doesn't. OL, lol

Far from loaded, but it's still the Coastal. I think there's plenty of front end talent to win the division.

There's gonna be a lot of issues:
- This was one of the, probably the worst, OLs I've ever seen at Miami.
- Secondary will be very thin
- Outside of Coley who is just solid, there are zero gamebreakers at WR
- Yearby and Walton are nice backs, not homerun hitters that can take over a game

On the positive side:
- Brad Kaaya
- David Njoku
- Good talent among the defensive starters

It will be interesting to see what Burns, Grace, and AQM decide to do.

Advertisement
Our Oline will be better with good coaching. Just need to hire the right HC to hire a good OL coach. THere is talent on that Oline. We will be decent, not great but decent next year.

The RB's are mostly complimentary backs, not featured backs. That hurt the offense this year.
Maybe Walton can be the featured back if he gains 10 lbs.

People forget we will be getting a 235 pound bruiser back in gus edwards. Losing him for year to injury hurt this offense. Plus, running out of the spread under coley's offense hurt the run game. I think things will change for the better there with a new better HC.

Advertisement
People forget we will be getting a 235 pound bruiser back in gus edwards. Losing him for year to injury hurt this offense. Plus, running out of the spread under coley's offense hurt the run game. I think things will change for the better there with a new better HC.

The OL isnt opening any holes our bitty backs are squeezing thru.

Advertisement

Gus has never been a bruiser, no matter his size. People saying that about him, it makes me wonder if they even watch the game.

Far from loaded, but it's still the Coastal. I think there's plenty of front end talent to win the division.

There's gonna be a lot of issues:
- This was one of the, probably the worst, OLs I've ever seen at Miami.
- Secondary will be very thin
- Outside of Coley who is just solid, there are zero gamebreakers at WR
-

On the positive side:
- Brad Kaaya
- David Njoku
- Good talent among the defensive starters

It will be interesting to see what Burns, Grace, and AQM decide to do.
Agree big time with the gamebreakers at WR. We currently don't have WR's who can separate from DB's or a running back who can take it to the house...

Alot of slow players and not a real rb and the sucks too. Slow linebacker slow safeties dl hasnt proved a thing. Maybe butch can,do something with it but i doubt it

Advertisement
Back