2016 and 2017 class complement each other very well

Here are the problems I see.
1)we are short on depth and talent at RB for being Miami. No ifs and buts about it.
2)with as many 3 and 4 wide sets teams run in the ACC, our numbers at CB are unacceptable. You would think we move Deejay over to CB...
3)while DE has been a solid haul and yes DJ could slide to the DT spot, we don't really have a NT, Martin being the closest thing to one.
4)Overall it's a solid two year haul but we are still a notch or so below Clemson and FSU in overall talent. I know this wasn't gonna change over night but still something of note. This 2018 class will tell us what we need to know about this staff. Anything less than a top 5 class is unacceptable with the talent in SFLA and FL in general this year.

Advertisement
1)we are short on depth and talent at RB for being Miami. No ifs and buts about it.
2)with as many 3 and 4 wide sets teams run in the ACC, our numbers at CB are unacceptable. You would think we move Deejay over to CB...
3)while DE has been a solid haul and yes DJ could slide to the DT spot, we don't really have a NT, Martin being the closest thing to one.
4)Overall it's a solid two year haul but we are still a notch or so below Clemson and FSU in overall talent. I know this wasn't gonna change over night but still something of note. This 2018 class will tell us what we need to know about this staff. Anything less than a top 5 class is unacceptable with the talent in SFLA and FL in general this year.

You say that as if everyone outside of bama and osu, USC isn't below fsu in talent level. Yes overall they have more talent depth wise but Miami has several guys better than their starters we just got to keep adding depth. In fact only place fsu is undoubtedly more talented than Miami right now is at db and running back. I guess you can say qb since they have Francois who imo is legit but again Miami has more overall talent at that postion

We have no choice but to load up at db which is why only taking 3 in the last 2 classes total cornerback will definitely work in miamis favor this cycle which is a better overall recruiting class for dbs in south Florida talent wise

Last edited:

You say that as if everyone outside of bama and osu, USC isn't below fsu in talent level. Yes overall they have more talent depth wise but Miami has several guys better than their starters we just got to keep adding depth. In fact only place fsu is undoubtedly more talented than Miami right now is at db and running back. I guess you can say qb since they have Francois who imo is legit but again Miami has more overall talent at that postion

We have no choice but to load up at db which is why only taking 3 in the last 2 classes total cornerback will definitely work in miamis favor this cycle which is a better overall recruiting class for dbs in south Florida talent wise

I mentioned FSU and Clemson which ultimately is the measuring stick for us in our conference. Also they are better than us at the positions you mentioned and as good or aguably better at every single one sans LB where we are outright better. We don't have enough DTs the last two years as explained in our post. Now keep in mind that I'm trying to have a objective conversation about our last two classes and overall it's what I said it is, very good but not elite.

Pretty much agree. Priorities in order are RB, CB, and DT.

Advertisement
Back