2015 S McFadden focusing on academics

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2015 McArthur Safety Kendrell McFadden (6’3”, 190) claims 47 offers from some of the top programs in the country, but instead of worrying about college right now, the top prospect is trying to make sure he excels in the classroom.

“Everything’s been going good with recruiting, but I’ve actually been focusing on my academics more than football. I don’t want to just meet the criteria, I want to be above it,” said McFadden.

As far as recruiting goes, a few schools are sticking out to McFadden early in the process.

“Ohio State, Florida State, LSU right now. It’s really a lot to pick from, but like I said I’m really just focusing on academics right now.”

The lengthy safety has mentioned Miami as one of his favorites in the past. Is that still the case?

“Yes, definitely. I like the DB coach a lot. We really connected (at camp) because of the way he coaches to play smooth, aggressive, and calm at the same time.”

McFadden has been impressed by what Al Golden has done in his time at Miami.

“I really do like what Coach Golden is doing. Me and my cousin were actually talking about it the other day like ‘what’s next?’ Because it’s funny how he recruited Tracy Howard, Malcolm (Lewis), and all these other kids from South Florida so I’m just waiting to see what he can do next.”

**McFadden wears the #26 in memory of Sean Taylor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Will academic be a part of his recruitment or he's just glad to get free education and will make the most of it no matter where he goes?

Plenty of really good DBs in Florida apart of that '15 glass. He's definitely on the list of players I hope the staff is on

Advertisement
Advertisement
from my alma mater..and my boyz younger cousin....

fsu will be all over him though....but we should have a good chance...He is cousins of Bryant Mcfadden AND Patrick Peterson..great bloodlines there.

Kid's got great size for a saftey. Saban will bring the cash with him. If we win ACC we should have good shot.

Advertisement
from my alma mater..and my boyz younger cousin....

fsu will be all over him though....but we should have a good chance...He is cousins of Bryant Mcfadden AND Patrick Peterson..great bloodlines there.

Is he a FSU fan? If so we r in good shape.

Dream scenario is landing Becker at WR and Jaquan Johnson and McFadden at Safety for 2015.

Thanks guysm. Now i can´t get this outta my head:

230.jpg

Advertisement
Back