2015 receiver is camping at Miami on Sunday

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
The 2015 class in south Florida is filled with tons of talented playmakers such as Shawn Burgess-Becker and Jordan Cronkite. Although, it's safe to say that you can add another to that list.

St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) wide-receiver Devante Peete has proven himself as an elite prospect on the 7-on-7 circuit as well as in spring practice. Peete recently transferred from nearby Blanche Ely High.

At 6-foot-5 180-pounds Devante towers over most everyone on the gridiron. Devante plans on showing off his wide array of skills this Sunday at the first Al Golden football camp of the summer.

Some of Peete's biggest offers are from the likes of Alabama, Florida and Ohio State. But he has yet to receive an offer from Miami.

On Wednesday night Devante tweeted this: "Hopefully gain that Miami offer (Sunday)."

"Well I've liked Miami since I was a kid." Peete said.

Devante said Miami's wide-receiver coach, Brennan Carroll, and himself had a nice conversation during a practice this spring.

"(Carroll) said he can't wait to see me at camp." said Peete.

Some of Devante's strengths are his size, aggressiveness and his explosiveness. He has proven himself to possibly be one of the best 2015 prospects in the state.

**Here is his highlight tape: http://youtu.be/uOEvoKklct0

**The picture featured is from Peete's time at Blanche Ely High

Advertisement
The REAL question here is if he's offered, will he be a Hurricane when it's all said and done.

A lot of these cats grow up Miami fans and end up out of state/area. Show some local pride!!! I see a lot of guys from out of state (Texas, Cali, GA, even Louisiana, reppin the U hard!!)

Advertisement
Cot ****, unreal talent. Is this a real possibility for Miami?

2013- Coley
2014- Lane, Dixon, Rudolph
2015- Burgess-Becker, Peete, Phillips

Cot ****, unreal talent. Is this a real possibility for Miami?

2013- Coley, Griffin
2014- Lane, Dixon, Rudolph
2015- Burgess-Becker, Peete, Phillips, Irvin, Khalil Lewis, Durante

FIFY, 2015 has so many options at WR

Advertisement
The skill positions are stacked the next 2 years in Florida. These QB's have to be licking their chops to get down here and work with these WR's.

If Herb can have a big year and maybe Malcolm blows up then maybe they plan to leave after their junior years so playing time may still be a selling point for the staff

WR grow on trees in Dade and Broward county Miami should land 4 star WR every cycle.. 2014 and 2015 classes should take Miami offense to Oregon's level...

If Herb can have a big year and maybe Malcolm blows up then maybe they plan to leave after their junior years so playing time may still be a selling point for the staff

Golden doesn't seem like the kind of guy to push guys leaving early just to get recruits in the door.

Advertisement

Golden doesn't seem like the kind of guy to push guys leaving early just to get recruits in the door.
Oh no, im not saying that but I do think that he will advise them to do what's best for their family and do what feels right. It's not like UM isn't a close knit group so guys wont be rushing to leave but if they play like beasts then scouts will rate them very high.

Advertisement
Back