2015 QB Alexander Talks Miami

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2015 Lakeland Christian (Fla.) quarterback Christian Alexander thought that his team did pretty well last year after going 7-3, but it doesn’t look like he’s going to stop there.

“We had a pretty good season we went 7-3, my stats I threw for about 1863 yards passing, had 22 touchdowns and 4 interceptions along with 4 rushing touchdowns. I just want to work on my mental part of the game and just keep leading my team to get better.”

Alexander has been working with his team during the offseason by both lifting weights and running as well as building chemistry with his receivers.

“Hitting the weight room definitely and every day after school I’ve been throwing with my guys, working on our timing and just making sure the routes are crisp and just getting ready for spring ball.”

The 6’3 205 pound prospect has a number of schools contacting him at the moment.

“Miami, USF, UCF, Washington, Northwestern, Texas and Penn State.”

Alexander’s lone offer comes from the Hurricanes and he spoke a little bit about his interest in them.

“I like them a lot, when I went down there coach (Jethro) Franklin and coach (Al) Golden seem like great dudes. I have a great relationship with coach Franklin, we talk every week and I spoke with him last night and I told him I’m going down on the 25th to see the campus and everything.”

The Lakeland Christian product speaks mostly with coach Franklin and has a tremendous amount of respect for the defensive line coach.

“He’s a great guy, he’s a great father figure and he’s a guy I can imagine being around for my four college years.”

Miami has made quite the impression on Alexander as they have made his top list of schools.

“I would say Miami, Auburn and UCF.”

The Knights are the closer option for Alexander and he has built a relationship with offensive coordinator Charlie Taaffe.

“I have a good relationship with coach (Charlie) Taaffe and everything. I’m just gonna keep working on my game and worry about my team and everything will come.”

Whenever Alexander does end up making a decision, it looks like it will be done before the year ends because he plans on being an early enrollee.

“I plan on making my decision this summer or early in the season because I want to be a mid-year guy. Chemistry with coaches, the players and if it feels like home and Miami definitely feels like that.”

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1385399/christian-alexander

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's a University of Florida fan I believe. But Trent Harris is a UF fan also and signed with Miami

We are chasing a lot of QBs this year. Hope Al shows a little more willingness to pull the one playing when he is not getting it done. I am tired of watching our qb limping around the field because there is no backup or coach will not go to one.

Advertisement
His mom is my mother-in-laws hair stylist. Kid's family was all Gator until the Canes offered. They've been in constant contact with the UF staff for a long time, but they are very turned off because there hasn't been an offer. His mom said that they've trashed all their UF gear now for Canes gear. If today was NSD he would be a Cane if the staff wanted him. I think a UF offer would still change everything though.

As for TJ Simmons...we can basically forget about him. Alexander's mom said that he was ****ed when Golden and the staff came to visit the school. They basically forgot about this kid. I'm not sure if they said that Golden didn't remember his name or something like that, but it doesn't look good for Simmons. Its a shame because the kid is legit. He could end up the best RB in the state after its all said and done. Legit track speed and he is still not fully recovered from the ACL injury.

Just some stuff I've heard lately.

Instead of getting ****ed I'm more impressed by the kid that works his butt off, produces and says "how do you like me now."

It's a long way to LOI day.

We wouldn't have gotten Simmons anyways. And Alexander couldn't commit now if he wanted to

Advertisement
We wouldn't have gotten Simmons anyways. And Alexander couldn't commit now if he wanted to

This is kind of the impression that I've gotten. Everyone up here are either Gator or Noles fans. I heard that Simmons was very interested in us when we offered him at the camp last yr though.

This is kind of the impression that I've gotten. Everyone up here are either Gator or Noles fans. I heard that Simmons was very interested in us when we offered him at the camp last yr though.

I remember hearing that too but that sucks monkey balls if Al G got his name that's the little **** I don't like

I remember hearing that too but that sucks monkey balls if Al G got his name that's the little **** I don't like

TIFWIW though. To keep it in perspective, this is coming from my mom-in-law's (knows nothing about football) hairdresser. Who is getting info from her son.

Forgot to add...this is a good kid with some serious talent. Id love to see him in this class. I think he has alot of upside.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back