2015 Miami Northwestern CB Khalid Mcgee

The kid looks hungry out there, like he wants to eat who ever is in his way. He is definitely looks like a safety prospect who can cover really well.

Advertisement
Looks like a monster safety prospect if you ask me

'15 DB's are absolutely LOADED

Between the McFadden's, Jaquan, Irvin, and Burgess Becker...

:eekeyes:

Deandre baker, Tyrek Cole.. list never ends.

How many DB's we looking at taking next year?

And though it seems to be a big year for DB's, most of them seem to be safety prospects.

We're gonna need some corners next year.

And though it seems to be a big year for DB's, most of them seem to be safety prospects.

Well, depending on how we finish this year will give the staff a better indication, number wise. I'm expecting around 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Didn't we go through this same routine last year with a bunch of recruits? I.e., it's 14 months before his signing day and some other folks have offered and we haven't even though he is in our backyard?

I can't recall a recruit we have lost because we weren't the first on him (within reason, I'm not talking about those we waited until the very end to offer). While one can argue that it might help to be in early, we have lost plenty of guys we were the first on, so I think it comes out in the wash.

In other words, relax, the staff will evaluate and be in contact and offer if they think he is a definite take. While we always encourage a few borderline players to move on if we upgrade, it seems like the staff tries to keep that to a minimum and is normally honest with the recruits about their position and when to expect the offer (I am thinking specifically about Berrios).

One of the better tapes I've seen. Love the hitting and little bit of a mean streak. Reminds me of some of the old school Canes. If there are better prospects out there than this kid, just wow. Would love to see him in our '15 class.

Folks, its not that we are late to the party, kid might have grade issues....that's why it too Ridley so long to get hos offer...possible grade issues could prevent him from getting into UM...but its a real long way to NSD 2015....

Grades are not an issue for this young man. He performs well in the classroom and on the field...just patiently waiting for that offer

Advertisement

Well, depending on how we finish this year will give the staff a better indication, number wise. I'm expecting around 5.

if we get jc and hester i see cole , irvin, and johnson as the next nevel play that would get our competition and pipeline open.

Can he play DT...

Old and tired. Come up with some new material.
46.png

Not really...I'm very preoccupied with our problem at DT. South Florida has a an embarrassment of riches at DB, almost nothing (i.e., just a few) at DT.

Didn't we go through this same routine last year with a bunch of recruits? I.e., it's 14 months before his signing day and some other folks have offered and we haven't even though he is in our backyard?

I can't recall a recruit we have lost because we weren't the first on him (within reason, I'm not talking about those we waited until the very end to offer). While one can argue that it might help to be in early, we have lost plenty of guys we were the first on, so I think it comes out in the wash.

In other words, relax, the staff will evaluate and be in contact and offer if they think he is a definite take. While we always encourage a few borderline players to move on if we upgrade, it seems like the staff tries to keep that to a minimum and is normally honest with the recruits about their position and when to expect the offer (I am thinking specifically about Berrios).

Maybe you can say that about a local recruit, but I remember how that coach in North Carolina was pleading for weeks on Grassy for somebody to help get his boys noticed. He had that supposedly elite DT who got locked down by Richt by the time we opened our eyes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back