2015 Lakeland Christian RB TJ Simmons offered after camp

Problem2

All-American
Premium
It’s safe to say that the comeback is near complete for running back T.J. Simmons (Lakeland, Fla./Lakeland Christian).

The 5-foot-10, 185-pound sophomore competed at the Al Golden Miami Hurricanes camp on Sunday and received an offer from Miami, his first football offer. The speedy Simmons has received offers in track from Clemson and Penn State.

“I talked with coach Golden and the running backs coach (Hurlie Brown) and they went ahead and offered me after the camp,” Simmons said. “They were pleased with my 40 time and running ability after the surgery. It was just a great day all around.”

Simmons ran a 4.36 hand timed at the combine.

After rushing for 1,487 yards and 20 touchdowns as a freshman, Simmons was aiming for a 2,000-yard sophomore season but he torn his ACL before the season and was forced to miss the year.

Simmons joined the Polk County Dream Team 7-on-7 squad but spent the spring as an observer. However, he did compete at the Elite Scouting Services combine in April and ran a 4.38.

“This is definitely a big step for me and a major accomplishment,” Simmons said. “Receiving that first offer is something I’ve dreamed about and coming from a program with the history and tradition of Miami makes it that much more special.

“I feel great right now. In all honestly I feel faster and better than I did before the injury.”

Simmons’ offseason is just beginning as he will head to Gainesville for a Florida camp with teammates Christian Alexander and Leroy Deshazor.

“I’m real excited about everything right now so I’m hoping I can get to Florida next week and do the same thing,” Simmons added.

http://www.fuelrecruiting.com/canes-are-first-offer-for-rb-simmons

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1385397/highlights/34198375

Advertisement
I like the speed, but this guy doesnt have the shiftness, to get out situations when guys have him boxed in... Some of the plays he made were simply because his competetion was a step - I mean 5 to 10 steps slower...

However, the thing i like about this guy, is the fact that he's 6'0 and fast... (Note: several publications have him at 6'0) But unlike Lamar Miller, he doesn't shy away from contact.

If Da U takes this guy, and are develop him into a 6'0 215-220 monster, and keep him around 4.4 - 40, then the beauty of this kind of RB will become well worth the scholarship...

Takes a Golden eye to see the vision on this kid of recruit.

Last edited:
I like the speed, but this guy doesnt have the shiftness, to get out situations when guys have him boxed in... Some of the plays he made were simply because his competetion was a step - I mean 5 to 10 steps slower...

However, the thing i like about this guy, is the fact that he's 6'0 and fast... (Note: several publications have him at 6'0) But unlike Lamar Miller, he doesn't shy away from contact.

If Da U takes this guy, and are develop him into a 6'0 215-220 monster, and keep him around 4.4 - 40, then the beauty of this kind of RB will become well worth the scholarship...

Takes a Golden eye to see the vision on this kid of recruit.

Christian alexander is a stud him and my cousin Jordan White were one of the best QB/WR connections in polk last year

Advertisement
#RBU lakeland hasn't been producing top talent (i don't think there will ever be a class of 07 again) but it will be nice to have a pipeline when they do

This is Lakeland Christian...not Lakeland. Their football program is like 3 years old. Theyre predominantly a soccer school. The competition they play is beyond atrocious. Not to say this kid isnt the goods, but I would eat up the comp that LCS plays.

Advertisement
Back