2015 DE Strowbridge Feels “At Home” with Miami

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2015 Deerfield Beach defensive end Jason Strowbridge has gotten off to a tremendous start with his team as they are currently undefeated and heading into a big battle against Monarch who is also undefeated.

“The season’s been going pretty good, we’re undefeated so far. I’m always working hard in practice and I see it in the games. We’re looking forward to the Monarch game the most right now.”

Strowbridge has made his presence felt in the backfield of opposing teams so far by not only making tackles, but also putting pressure on the quarterback.

“I don’t know how many tackles I have, but I have 7 sacks so far.”

The 6’4 242 pound defensive end has been hearing from schools all across the country and has quite the list.

“UM, UF, Florida State, West Virginia, Louisville, Nebraska, Arkansas, USF and Missouri and thats mainly the schools I’m getting mail from.”

While the 2015 rusher claims no leaders, he does admit the Florida schools are sticking out as of now.

“The three Florida schools I guess are sticking out.”

The Deerfield Beach product spoke about the team he most recently visited which is the Hurricanes and what he likes about them.

“I like what they’re doing this year, I feel like I’m at home and I’m only an hour away. I also like the facilities and stuff.”

Strowbridge mostly speaks with running backs coach Hurlie Brown and defensive coordinator Mark D’onofrio and feels that they can get him to the next level.

“I feel like they’ll push me hard and I feel like I’ll probably do good with them.”

Miami may have an edge in Strowbridge’s recruitment, as his close friend and teammate Brandon Powell is committed to the ‘Canes.

“It helps a little bit. I went with him on his visit, he wasn’t really pushing me.”

When asked for what will play a key role in his decision, Strowbridge will be looking for two key factors.

“Just how the schools is doing and the education are important for me.”

Highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDRIp6Xq0Xo

Advertisement
A recruit actually said something positive about our facilities...Bridge is now the odds on favorite to be my favorite recruit in the 2015 class.

Big time lineman and scheme fit for us....strongside end..and I love recruiting deerfield kids...they produce on the next level

Advertisement
I trust and respect all the kid's decision...but when I hear them say "academics", there is almost no reason to not be at UM with a UM offer. Best school in the state. COME BE A CANEEEEEE

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back