2015 DE Patchan Recruitment Heating Up

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2015 Tampa Freedom (Fla.) DE Scott Patchan had quite the junior campaign after having an injury plagued sophomore year.

“Junior season I got better for sure, my stats went up a lot mainly because I couldn’t finish out my sophomore year because I got hurt. I had a little over 50 tackles, I had 8 sacks, about 23 or 24 tackles for loss. I think it was 3 recovered and 4 forced fumbles.”

While Patchan clearly improved in the number department compared to sophomore year, he also feels he improved in his technique.

“I definitely got better with the use of my hands. Sophomore year I was just wild and crazy running around, but this year I was more technique. Going into my senior year I want to polish up my skills with hand placement and footwork for college.”

The 6’5 225 pound rush end is being courted by almost every top school in the country and he admits the recruiting process is getting pretty hectic.

“Oh yeah, very very crazy. Alabama, LSU, Florida State those are just the big name schools recruiting me.”

Other schools recruiting the Tampa native include Clemson, North Carolina and Ohio State.

While the 2015 defensive end claims no leaders, he does admit there is one school that is recruiting him the hardest at the moment.

“Miami, everyday I speak with the coaches. Some days I receive talks from all the coaches. I’m just trying to establish relationships with the coaches and coach Jethro (Franklin) has a really good NFL background and that’s definitely a plus for Miami.”

Patchan was able to visit Coral Gables for the Hurricanes Junior Day and had a very good time while there.

“It was all good, hanging out with all the coaches. I got to meet some new recruits and make new friends. Larry Scott, he’s a local guy, my D-line coach who’s also recruiting me coach Franklin, coach (Mark) D’Onofrio and Coach Golden.”

The Tampa Freedom product rated the Junior day a “9 out of 10 or even 10 out of 10”

During his time in Coral Gables, Patchan got the opportunity to sit down with both coach Franklin and coach D’Onofrio one on one and talk about the defense.

“Sitting down at the junior day with coach (Mark) D’Onofrio about the defensive set that he runs, it blew my mind because there’s so much to it that no one expects with stunts. It’s not always just run on the field, work a move and get to the passer. There’s stuff that’s incorporated into it, it made me want to expand my mind.”

Patchan is currently weighing all his options and is unsure of future visits, but does have an idea of when he will be narrowing his list.

“I am going to be cutting it down after spring time.”

What will the highly recruited line prospect be looking for when choosing schools?

“a relationship with my head coach, a relationship with my position coach, academics and somewhere I can see myself competing at a good level for four years.”

-Clemson recruiting him the second hardest
-Highlights:http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1437050/

Advertisement
“Sitting down at the junior day with coach (Mark) D’Onofrio about the defensive set that he runs, it blew my mind because there’s so much to it that no one expects with stunts. It’s not always just run on the field, work a move and get to the passer. There’s stuff that’s incorporated into it, it made me want to expand my mind.”

don't worry young buc it blows our mind a way too the way corch Dorito corches it up

Advertisement

don't worry young buc it blows our mind a way too the way corch Dorito corches it up

Why ruin a good thread with a comment that has already been made thousands of times on here? Do you think its funny? I dont. The staff certainly doesnt, and neither do the recruits.

Why ruin a good thread with a comment that has already been made thousands of times on here? Do you think its funny? I dont. The staff certainly doesnt, and neither do the recruits.

Exactly. Clearly the actual football player seems pretty intrigued with the defense, but then along comes the coach potato wanna-be player to let the world know how much more he thinks he knows.

Exactly. Clearly the actual football player seems pretty intrigued with the defense, but then along comes the coach potato wanna-be player to let the world know how much more he thinks he knows.

Lmfao. Anyone who thinks Mark D'Onofrio is a competent defensive coordinator needs their head examined.

Lmfao. Anyone who thinks Mark D'Onofrio is a competent defensive coordinator needs their head examined.

Well then take that up with Patchan. He's a football player, a highly touted recruit. You, not so much. So if a highly touted recruit is intrigued with the system, I guess that's good for us at this point.

Advertisement
Mods,
How bout we at least clean up the recruiting board for the home stretch!
Guys like stateofmind add NOTHING. Maybe you could limit their nonsense to the football board only during this time of year. Thank you.

Use the "ignore" feature, it blocks out all of the spam posters and really improves the site.

It amazes me how many of you are still brainwashed by Golden and his butt buddy. They don't know how to run a defense. End of story.

I'm in agreement that if every freakin comment is going to be negative and a lame attempt at comedy, we can do without it.

Advertisement
Mods,
How bout we at least clean up the recruiting board for the home stretch!
Guys like stateofmind add NOTHING. Maybe you could limit their nonsense to the football board only during this time of year. Thank you.

Like I wrote above, use the ignore feature. I think he was actually the first one I did. Dont think he has literally had a single useful or meaningful post.

it has nothing to do w/ being a golden slurper or hater or whatever. just stfu already.

Advertisement
Seriously keep it about the ******* recruit already I swear this board gets so ******* tiring just bashing the coaching staff

It amazes me how many of you are still brainwashed by Golden and his butt buddy. They don't know how to run a defense. End of story.

Again, tell it to Patchan. He probably has forgotten more about football than you've ever known (then again you've never actually shown any knowledge, just whining and griping). So again...Patchan's opinion...valuable given that he's a highly-touted recruit. Your opinion...worth about as much as some random kid in a playground.

Advertisement
Back