2015 DB Mcgee One to Watch

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
The 2015 recruiting class is already filled with plenty of highly known secondary players like Kendrell McFadden, Tyrek Cole, Tim Irvin and more; One player flying under the radar is Miami Northwestern (Fla.) cornerback Khalid Mcgee.

“I feel I did great last season, I feel like I have a lot of room for improvement. I had like forty tackles, one interception and like four pass break-ups.”

McGee is looking to continuously improve his game and is planning to compete heavily this offseason.

“I’m going to attend some camps. I’m looking forward to attending the Miami camp again, Georgia, Alabama and thats it. I plan on playing for the South Florida Express or the (Florida) Fire.

The 5’10 185 pound corner described himself as a very physical and versatile player.

“I’m very aggressive and I don’t only play corner, I can play anywhere on the field.”

The Miami Northwestern product has been hearing from a number of schools recently and holds a good amount of offers.

“I have offers from Florida State, UCF, USF, Cincinnati, UConn, Western Kentucky, FIU and FAU.”

One school McGee is holding out for right now is the hometown Hurricanes, who hold a special place in his list of schools.

“It’s always been one of my dream schools since I was growing up, so that would be good. I’ve always been watching them.”

McGee does have a good friend in Coral Gables with former Miami Northwestern Bull and current freshman corner back Artie Burns.

“I was down there last week with Artie Burns, we were just chilling. We have a great relationship. He always talks to me about Miami, he knows how recruiting is, but he always talks to me about it.”

The south Florida product does admit if the Hurricanes do offer, they would be high on his list.

“They would be at the top.”

One in-state school that has offered McGee is the Seminoles who have also piqued his interest.

“I would love to stay in Florida, I’ve been in Florida all my life. I see that they’re at the top right now.”

While the two in-state rivals are high on the list for the hard hitting defensive back, the Georgia Bulldogs are another team that has drawn his interest.

“Coach Mark Richt, he likes me a lot and they’ve been showing a good amount of interest.”

When asked for a decision date, McGee is looking to make it sometime before the start of his senior year.

“Sometime in the summer, there’s no specific date, but sometime in the summer.”

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1664853/highlights/40689373?autoplay=1

Last edited:
Advertisement
Next year is just absolutely LOADED at DB. I never want to see a guy who lost his starting position at Wake, walk in to UM and just grab a starting position in 3 weeks again.

DB should never be a problem.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;mmxxmOHEAOM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmxxmOHEAOM[/video]

Got to offer him because he wants to be here! its gonna be a ***** to get Cole and McFadden. They under more pressure than a fine honey at one ***** strip club. If gayters rebound next year and FSU wins the NC man we gone have to get our hustle on big time. Them MF'ers gone take up residence in the 305. The class that brings us back will be 2015 so we gotta ball out next year and lock down 95% of the SoFl studs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back