2015 ATH Javarius Davis rates his UM Official Visit 8 1/2

Paranos

All-ACC
2015 ATH Javarius Davis rates his UM Official Visit 8 1/2 despite being a huge self professed can fan and stated prior to the visit he would commit if the visit blew him, today reportedly told CS during an interview that he was not announcing his commitment today.

Here the link
https://miami.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=903&script=%2Fcontent.asp&cid=1715405

Makes one wonder what happen to curb his initial excitement for the canes, once he arrived on campus? With Phillip Dorsett graduating, UM could use a new deep threat to compliment the plethora of talented make you miss in space athletes currently on the roster.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
They probably hinted a position change to DB or WR and that is why it wasnt a 10. I'm sure he would do it to be a cane but it's not exactly what he wants, and at this rate we might not need him to change positions if we lose one of our RBs in this class.

Advertisement
They probably hinted a position change to DB or WR and that is why it wasnt a 10. I'm sure he would do it to be a cane but it's not exactly what he wants, and at this rate we might not need him to change positions if we lose one of our RBs in this class.

I have a feeling that if one of our RBs decommit Jordan Cronkrite will be getting a call.

I have a feeling that if one of our RBs decommit Jordan Cronkrite will be getting a call.

I have a feeling Miami doesnt want this J. Davis

they apparently talked to Cronkrite about playing defense. he didnt like it.

They don't know how to play the game. You tell them what they want to hear and when they get here give them the chance to do what you told them, if they don't earn it then do what you want to do with them. You think Jimbo doesn't tell every RB and WR that they are going to get a lot of playing time wherever they want to play? I know he does. Better hope Scarlett see's through that ****. They are treating him like a 3rd wheel and not showing him anything yet still making him think he is there guy. Then, Miami has been hard on him since day 1. If he turns on that and the home town team to go to FSU and play behind Cook and the 2 they have now then so be it. But we need to start playing that game.

Advertisement
After reading this article which was written on Thursday before Davis's visit, things are a little clearer regarding Davis's Visit to UM and his unwillingness to Commit.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-visit-javarius-davis/

Florida Gators visit Javarius Davis
Written by Andrew Spivey, December 11, 2014,

Offensive coordinator Kurt Roper spent the majority of Tuesday recruiting the Jacksonville area and his first stop of the day was to see athlete Javarius Davis (5-10, 173, Jacksonville, FL Ed White) and roper had a strong message to the talented playmaker.

“Coach Roper came by my school on Tuesday,” Davis said. “It went good, he was just telling me that he wasn’t sure if he was going to be there next year or not but he hopes that he is. He said that Coach McElwain is going to get the program where he needs to be and that Florida won’t be down long and that Florida is a place I should really consider because I can play early.”

Davis hasn’t got to talk to new Gators head coach Jim McElwain yet but according to Roper that should happen soon but Davis has already done his homework on McElwain.

“Coach Roper said that Coach McElwain will be in touch with me sometime this week,” Davis said. “Coach Roper said that Coach McElwain wants me on offense and I’ve looked at some of the things he has done at Colorado State and it was good. I just need to sit down and talk to him and go from there with Florida.”

When Will Muschamp was head coach at Florida the Gators were in a good position for Davis and that’s still the case today but others are in the mix.

“I’m still very interested in Florida and that hasn’t changed with Coach McElwain,” Davis said. “Florida, Louisville, Georgia, USC and Miami are still in the mix and recruiting me hard.”

Davis hasn’t taken any official visits yet but that will change on Friday when he takes his first visit.

“I’m going to Miami this weekend for an official,” Davis said. “I’m probably going to take an official to Florida in January and I might take one to Georgia, USC and Louisville but I’m not sure just yet.”

One thing that Davis is still wondering about is who will be the assistant coaches at Florida but he isn’t to worried about that at this time.

“I’ve got a good relationship with Coach Roper but it doesn’t really matter either way,” Davis said. “It would be nice for him to stay but it won’t affect my decision because I need to meet with Coach McElwain and see how that goes.”

INSIDERS TAKE: From talking to Davis it seems as if it’s a three team race between, Florida, Georgia and USC. Right now it seems as if Florida may have a few guys ahead of Davis on the board but he’s someone that McElwain will definitely recruit.

I think this kid just wants attention.

Most teenagers do lol thats the reason they commit and change their mind so often. They commit one day to get likes, follows, retweets whatever its stupid. We need more guys like Berrios when he said he was a man and was going to honor his commitment instead of playing it like a **** game

Advertisement
But then Davis had this to say to the Bleacher Report, which seems like a more neutral write up the Gator Country piece which had a strong Gator Slant with the usual he is a back up type prospect spin just incase a player from their backyard picks Miami.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2295428-kynons-korner-vols-looking-to-flip-ole-miss-commit-3-star-rb-to-visit-miami

Miami Set To Host Running Back Javarius Davis

Javarius Davis out of Jacksonville (Florida) Ed White is set for his official visit to Miami this weekend after his previous trip was rescheduled. Davis is being recruited as an athlete by the 'Canes, but he excels on the offensive side of the ball as a running back.

What is he looking to see on his second trip to Coral Gables?

"I'm looking forward to bonding with the coaches," Davis said. "Last time I was there it was summer. I just want to see how the coaching staff is together as a whole and were I'll fit in their offense."

Where does Miami want him at the next level?

"They are recruiting me at athlete, but we'll go over that when I'm down there," Davis said.

The speedy playmaker is making the trip during what should be a fun weekend for recruits visiting campus, as ESPN will premier the 30 for 30 sequel of "The U."

Davis said he will most likely watch the documentary. One of the factors in Miami's direction for him is its tradition, and the first film was able to capture the program's rich history.

Miami is also selling another key ingredient with Davis.

"They told me they don't have anybody with my speed," he told Bleacher Report. "The coaches say I could come in early and make a big impact. Plus I love the old U, and I think they could get back to that with a few pieces."

Davis said he grew up a fan of the late Sean Taylor, but now he watches Duke Johnson.

Miami linebackers coach Hurlie Brown has built a solid foundation with Davis.

"Coach Brown and I have a great relationship," Davis said. "He said we have similarities in our running style and the same body type."

Miami finished with a disappointing 6-6 season. Despite their record, Davis said he is seriously considering the school.

"It was an OK season," he said. " I think it should have been better, but they'll bounce back. I don't have a leader right now, but they are in the mix. Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino and Florida offensive coordinator Kurt Roper stopped by yesterday."

The Hurricanes have three running backs committed for 2015, but all three have taken or will take official visits elsewhere. Davis appears to be a viable option for Miami should one of their committed backs defect before signing day.

Advertisement

Kid can ball, but is only 5'11. So that actually sounds like our staff.

Kid can ball, but is only 5'11. So that actually sounds like our staff.

Yea cause it's not like we play Yearby, Berrios, Duke, or several others under 5'10"...... Genius

Advertisement
Back