2015 ATH Durante Updates Recruiting

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2015 ATH Jovon Durante had his season end in a rough way on Thursday night, as his team lost in the first round of the playoffs. Despite the loss, Durante is looking forward to continue working.

“I think I’m doing basketball in the offseason. If not basketball, then track season. I’m going to a lot of camps this summer. My 7-on-7 team (Florida Fire)-- we are going on 12 college visits during the summer.”

Durante plays both wide receiver and cornerback for his team and talked about where he feels most comfortable.

“I like playing receiver more because I like to make people look bad. I also like going up for the ball. When I play cornerback, I feel like I don’t get bombed as much because I know how to play receiver.”

The 2015 dual position threat is currently committed to FIU, but says he is still hearing from other schools.

“I got a lot of offers right now. Clemson, Alabama, Florida State, FIU, BYU and Miami.”

While Durante is currently a strong FIU commit, he spoke a little bit about his interest in Miami.

“I talk to Coach Al Golden, he is cool guy and a very funny dude. I like Miami because the way they pass and also run. I like the way their offense runs.”

Durante spoke about the possibility of switching his commitment to another school

“It’s possible that I could switch. If things aren't going well at FIU, I would de-commit and go somewhere else like Miami or FSU.”

[video=youtube;n4WR2pcPHlw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4WR2pcPHlw[/video]

Advertisement
What kind of person in their right mind would commit to FIU with an Alabama offer in hand? That is pure lunacy.

He only did so because his brother is currently an FIU player. Only a matter of time until that changes.

We also need to remember a lot of premier schools "offer" kids today.

I'm not saying this kid won't have all the schools listed come senior year. Just speculating on all of the 2013 kids who have "offers" from these big schools, yet couldn't commit to half of them.

Advertisement
He only did so because his brother is currently an FIU player. Only a matter of time until that changes.

Ah, thanks, I forgot about that. Still seems like kind of an odd move, though.

Odd move? He was 14 when he committed, his big bro was/is there and maybe, just maybe, he´s like 95% of the other 14year olds out there and not a huge college football fan. Just went with his heart.

Advertisement
Back