2014 Recruiting Class South Florida Sleepers

motorcitycane

Senior
So earlier I was looking at the 15 class.

Now I decide to look back at the 2014 class in South Florida. Let me know who you guys believe could have been assets or takes for that class.

3 star and below talents.

Who knows these guy?
What traits in HS led you to believe they could succeed in college?

USF QB Quinton Winky Flowers
USF CB Deatrick Nichols
CUSE WR Steve Ishmael (I always liked this kid coming out. Especially with that class)
UF DB Quincy Wilson
NCST S Shawn Boone (Solid 2016 outing)
UCF WR Tre'Quan Smith (Great first two seasons for the Knights)
NCST WR Stephen Louis (35 catches 678 yards in 2016)
CUSE DB Juwan Dowels (Solid in 2015 injured in 2016)
UL DB Trumaine Washington (Solid in action for Louisville)
WISKY DB Derrick Tindal (Turned into a Stud for a good Wisconsin Defense)
BGSU DB Clint Stephens (Great 2015 Seaason then kicked off the team)

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm a big fan of Deatrick Nichols, really wanted him here coming out of Central.

He's had a really good career at USF in a program that didn't have a good Defense at all under Taggert & he's still managed to be a pretty **** good Corner.

We definitely could've used him for 3 years... Idk if he's coming out in the draft this year, but he will absolutely play in the NFL.

I'm a big fan of Deatrick Nichols, really wanted him here coming out of Central.

He's had a really good career at USF in a program that didn't have a good Defense at all under Taggert & he's still managed to be a pretty **** good Corner.

We definitely could've used him for 3 years... Idk if he's coming out in the draft this year, but he will absolutely play in the NFL.

Hes staying for SR year. He had a down year last year since USF had 0 pass rush but still managed to have a solid season. He had an amazing sophomore year.

Hes staying for SR year. He had a down year last year since USF had 0 pass rush but still managed to have a solid season. He had an amazing sophomore year.
He is a playmaker in their secondary...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Think about all of the mediocre secondary players we've had on our team the past few years and consider who we (maybe) COULD'VE had instead.

We would've been a lot better off with Moreau instead of Dortch or Hope.
We would've been better off with Wilson, Tindal, Washington, Dowels or Nichols instead of Ryan Mayes.
Ronnie Hoggins could've been a nice addition to our Nickel/Dime packages.

Last edited:
Yeah, a couple of those kids could have helped. But 2014 was a great class for us. The 2013 and 2015 guys we left on the table were much more painful. If we had had Skai Moore, M Thomas, Kirkland, Jackson, Calloway and Fenton ... our record would have been 10-2 or better without question. Imagine those guys AND AQM, Young, Grace not getting booted. ****, so close, so close...

Yeah, a couple of those kids could have helped. But 2014 was a great class for us. The 2013 and 2015 guys we left on the table were much more painful. If we had had Skai Moore, M Thomas, Kirkland, Jackson, Calloway and Fenton ... our record would have been 10-2 or better without question. Imagine those guys AND AQM, Young, Grace not getting booted. ****, so close, so close... {/QOUTE]

There's a good chance we'd also have Golden and DoNo.

Advertisement
Yeah, a couple of those kids could have helped. But 2014 was a great class for us. The 2013 and 2015 guys we left on the table were much more painful. If we had had Skai Moore, M Thomas, Kirkland, Jackson, Calloway and Fenton ... our record would have been 10-2 or better without question. Imagine those guys AND AQM, Young, Grace not getting booted. ****, so close, so close...

There's a good chance we'd also have Golden and DoNo.

That's the thing that gives me comfort. Whatever it took to get rid of Al Golden and his clowns for coordinators.

But it sure is painful to see all these local kids ball out elsewhere when we failed to recruit them correctly. Really it's been going on since Coker took over, he was even worse, and Shannon failed miserably locally after his 2008 haul. It took a decade of abysmal local recruiting and game play for the university to finally start feeding the golden goose again. They almost starved her to death. But with Richt, I think we're back in business. And this **** stops once and for all.

I was so mad about Quincy n promoting him like crazy on here. Winky wanted to just be a qb so he wasnt a fit.

Nichols i knew was a player..he stuck to guys ;like glue...he would be in rotation or starting right now imo.

The rest a no go....

Advertisement
Back