2014 Receiver Holmes Already A Big Name

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2014 WR Corey Holmes (6’2, 175) from St. Thomas Aquinas will be entering his junior year with offers from the likes of Florida, Florida State, Michigan, USF, Wisconsin, and Rutgers. He attended two camps this summer, the Michigan one and UF’s Friday Night Lights.

“Michigan went very well. Being up there was a change of things compared to down here and Friday Night Lights was really cool because it was my first time at University of Florida.”

Holmes says that Miami, Clemson, Oregon, Notre Dame, and LSU are schools that he is hoping to get offered by in the future as well.

“I like how it is really close (Miami) to home, the tradition. As a kid growing up I watched all the great Miami teams do their thing. I like their coaching staff. All the coaches that I met, I’ve really liked over there. It’s a lot of things I love about the University of Miami.”

He says he never really grew up a certain school, but had multiple teams he liked.

“University of Miami was a team I always liked, Michigan was always a school I liked, I grew up a fan of LSU too. I wouldn’t really say there’s a team in specific I really liked, I was just a fan of college football really.”

The checklist is simple for what he’s looking for in a school.

“I’m looking for a school with great academics first and foremost, a successful football program, and coaches who care about their players with great personalities.”

Corey is looking to have a breakout season.

“As a player, speed is one of my strengths, my route running ability, and my ability to catch the ball. One of my personal goals this year is to be the top receiver in the state in my class, I wanna own that title and I wanna have over 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns or more.”

Holmes Sophomore Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYUjQKIdOb0

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back