2014 Miami 'Crootin class highlight video

Advertisement
Yearby has better vision, elusiveness and cutting ability. Whereas Cook is a better athlete, more speed and more powerful.

I think Yearby meets a bigger need and is a better fit for miami. A healthy duke whose significantly stronger this offseason can give us that speed and athleticism that Cook would provide. Whereas some games our backs w/o Duke would struggle with their vision finding holes. For those games, a Joe Yearby makes a big impact. Also Yearby can increase his power and speed with hard work in the Weight room.

Awesome video. I think when we look back this class is gonna be a giant diamond! Competition is gonna be fierce this year. This class paired with next years and the cupboard is gonna be full! Dear god Hester is a savage! That's the type hitter the U has in the secondary. Sweet infant baby Jesus let gray qualify.

Advertisement
Gayot is a baller

He most certainly is. Went to high school with him at Park Vista for 3 years as I graduated c/o 2013 and he balled out from day 1. It was a treat seeing him be ultra aggressive on D while protecting the 30 point lead that Tre Mason would give us. Too bad they only played together for a year.

Things I noticed

- First look at Njoku. TE all the way. That stride...**** looks like Jermichael Finley to me
- Kaaya has kind of a funky wide base when he throws. Not a qb expert. Bad thing? Easy to fix?
- Linder was an underrated pickup. Gonna start a lot of games here.
- Tyre Brady is a smooth looking athlete. You wonder whats between the ears but if it all clicks I see what Pete's talkin about
- Darling looks a little heavy. Yearby looks great in darlings highlights
- Not sure either of the Juco Dt's are pencilled in starters. Might be a tier above King and Moore but might not. concerned
-Mccray is a football player. We've got a few guys who will look better in shorts but I like that pickup
-Young needs a great deal of technique work.
- Owens.....**** what a physical specimen. Seems like a good kid with some brains too. Might have the highest upside of this whole class. Kind of looks like a DE to me if you can believe it.
-Michael Smith is a savage beast. Its a shame our staff has no idea what to do with him. Put his hand in the dirt on 3rd and long. needs a shirt
-Gayot looks like a LB to me. Could fill the Cornelius role pretty well at 220 in coverage. Thats what we would have done with a guy like him in 2001...
-Hester might be the best safety we have from day 1, and yes I know I'm crazy.
-Yearby wont be quite the special teams monster but I think we will see very little dropoff in Dukes production. I see a lot of Gio Bernard in him, Yearbys probably a little better at this point but maybe not quite as strong a frame to build on.

Overall, can't lament the kids that didn't want to be Canes. This class, as well as 2013, I think we will see a much higher percentage of players panning out than we saw in 2011 and 12. Lot of sure thing type kids in this class, and the depth will be back. Would love to see 10 or so of these kids shirt. I think theres at least 15 good ACC starters in this class.

Advertisement
Back