2014 kid to watch

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Booker T CB Nigel Patten (5'9, 170). He is a great athlete. 10.7 in the 100 meters, 21.5 in the 200 meters, and 49.5 in the 400 meters.

He LOVES Miami and would commit if offered. You will hear a lot about him this year.

Advertisement
If we land any of the top CB's we're pursuing this year, will we even go after any next year? I would think they'd have to be elite of so.

UMcanesfan420 said:
If we land any of the top CB's we're pursuing this year, will we even go after any next year? I would think they'd have to be elite of so.

I think that at least one prospect from each position should be taken per recruiting cycle except kicker and punter. You never know how certain kids will pan out. I think we will take more than one in 2014 though, because it only looks like we will be taking one at corner in this year's class.

We will probably only take 1 CB this year. You can't take 1 CB in 2 years. If we only take 1 or maybe even 0 this year I would think we would grab 2 or 3 minimum next season.

There was a lot of holes when Golden took over but I'm sure he wants to get to the point where he can take a balanced class every year.

Pretty sure that Golden wants to get away from loading up on positions in one cycle and then ignoring them the next. That approach was forced on him by Shannon´s awful recruiting. We will be a team that trys to add someone for every position every year (except for K and P, obviously).

Advertisement
Didnt he change his name to Bethal, signed with Texas Tech, got kicked out and ended up at Eastern Kentucky?

Advertisement
His brother is currently a cb on our team Nigel Bethel. He ended up being a solid college player. Change his name to that of his dad whos last name is bethel

He’s one player I’m rooting for. From what I read and remember he had very good grades, is fast, and committed to us without any drama (I think we offered him a little later in the process).

Advertisement
Back