2013 vs 2017

canefan88xbl

Redshirt Freshman
How much as this team changed (outside of coaching) in 4 years? I look at the the 2013 season and see a ton of young talent (Duke, Stacy, Artie), an easy schedule leading up to FSU and Va Tech (where we got blown out) and a series of fortunate events to get us in the top 10. Obviously, coaching makes a world of difference, but what are the other tangible improvements?

The most impressive thing about the Ga Tech win, was being down six starters (including Pickney) and we found a way (albeit some luck) to find a way to win. Everyone told them all week to be on upset alert, but being down that many players against a gimmick offense is tough. I think the biggest sign of growth for me, would be to really make a statement against Cuse and UNC going into the Va Tech game. What say you all?

Advertisement
2013 is getting brought up a lot. 2016 would be an infinitely more apt comparison though.

In both seasons at this stage the team and the staff are still working out the kinks in several areas with the difference being we're actually winning our close games this year. Hopefully this thing takes off like it did midseason last year.

How about having an actual defense? How about being undefeated post-FSU? That was year 3, this is year 2. We are ahead of schedule so far.

Duke Johnson carried that team (and corching staff on his back). Easily would've had 1400 yards but for the season ending injury. If we had Duke now, we'd be legit playoff contender.

I think each year is unique unto itself, though there may be some similarities between years. Unfortunately, injuries may start to play a roll this year. And you know the saying, next man up. However,this next game could be a trap game. Canes need to come out early, make a statement, and don't let them hang around. But they way things are going this season has the potential to be something special. I'd love to kick satan's *** in an NC game. LOL!

Advertisement
one team was coached by al golden, the other team is coached by mark richt. next question.

If I recall correctly, we squeezed by some bad teams in 2013. We had some young talent but a lot of holes too. Our defense was a fraud then. I think we have a big enough sample size to know our defense is good this year. Maybe not great but too early for that too. I don't think we are a playoff contender right now. A few breaks we could make it though.

Our biggest challenge this year is the stretch of games without an off week due to the hurricane cancellation.

Physical and mental fatigue sets in towards the second half of the schedule which unfortunately happens to be our toughest stretch.

2013 season was a facade, this one is not it’s as simple as that

We have a gamer at qb, which makes all the difference
Legit, penetrating defense
Upgrade all around in the coaching staff. In fact not one coach from that team you can justify having on the staff over the ones we got now.
Depth wise more talent in certain areas especially on defense
Can’t say offense yet(due to the fact that the whole offense on that team are still in the nfl). However we do have a lot more talent and a better coach so who knows.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back