2013 ATH Richard Benjamin Jr.

Miami is out... I didn't see Miami taking a WR unless its an elite prospect this year anyway.

[h=1]Richard Benjamin slims list to 5[/h]By TEAM BCP
– June 16, 2012 11:02 pmPosted in: RECRUITING
A list that started with 40 plus verbal offers, was chopped down to 10 about a month ago. Now the short list of ten has been slimmed down to the final five. Clemson, Vanderbilt, Central Florida, South Florida and Auburn have made the cut. Benjamin recently visited Central Florida, Clemson and Auburn coming away very high on each program. Benjamin is the #10 ranked player overall in our coverage area.

Things that make you go hmm...

IMO, it lends a little credence to the rumors of the kid's attitude.

Vanderbilt is a **** of a school, the SEC's version of Wake Forest. Academically not even close with those other schools listed. Besides that, NEXT!!!

Yea, but most kids that are talented are dying to get into Vanderbilt/UCF/USF unless either A: they aren't as talented as the hype makes them to be, B. they have no grades (see Marshall) or C. they have some other sort of problem.

Advertisement
Vanderbilt is different than UCF/USF because they are in the SEC, they have great academics, they have playing time to offer, and their coach has a strong personality. They've gotten some really nice recruits the last 2 years.

UCF/USF is different. I could see USF staying on the table in case a Tampa kid wants to stay home, but not UCF.

Miami is out... I didn't see Miami taking a WR unless its an elite prospect this year anyway.

Richard Benjamin slims list to 5

By TEAM BCP
– June 16, 2012 11:02 pmPosted in: RECRUITING
A list that started with 40 plus verbal offers, was chopped down to 10 about a month ago. Now the short list of ten has been slimmed down to the final five. Clemson, Vanderbilt, Central Florida, South Florida and Auburn have made the cut. Benjamin recently visited Central Florida, Clemson and Auburn coming away very high on each program. Benjamin is the #10 ranked player overall in our coverage area.

Things that make you go hmm...

IMO, it lends a little credence to the rumors of the kid's attitude.

Work ethic is the bigger issue. He is/was overweight this offseason and ran slow times because of it. UF was hot after him but backed off because of it.

Advertisement
Back