2012 Schedule?

wacane

Sophomore
Any idea/prediction how it is going to look? Is the ND date set? I'm hoping we have an easier start to the season. Would be nice to open at home against a lesser opponent.

Advertisement
Lesser than a 2 win Maryland team, that beat only one Div 1 program this season?

Also think ND is set for Oct 6

2012 OOC games are set:

•09/08 - at Kansas State
•10/06 - Notre Dame (at Chicago, IL)
•10/13 - Bethune-Cookman
•11/24 - USF

2012 OOC games are set:

•09/08 - at Kansas State
•10/13 - Bethune-Cookman
•11/24 - USF

So we are opening with an ACC opponent again; I hope it's at least someone in the Atlantic or Duke.

I'm alright with playing a tough Kansas State team for our second game, but I would like us to open up with a cupcake. Looks like we've got an ACC team though.

Advertisement
I'm alright with playing a tough Kansas State team for our second game, but I would like us to open up with a cupcake. Looks like we've got an ACC team though.[/QUOTE

I wouldn't be surprised if it was FSU because it's the big draw for the TV markets.

FUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG the Notre Dame game is the same date as my daughter's birthday!

Unless the wife lets me take her to Chicago as her birthday present I'm surely not going to be there like I expected....SMDH. ARRGH.

2012 OOC games are set:

•09/08 - at Kansas State
•10/13 - Bethune-Cookman
•11/24 - USF

So we are opening with an ACC opponent again; I hope it's at least someone in the Atlantic or Duke.

Wishful thinking.. We can only hope

It is wishful, but so far we typically open with Atlantic opponents when ACC (FSU & MD). Granted 2 teams is not a lot to go off of...

Advertisement
FUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG the Notre Dame game is the same date as my daughter's birthday!

Unless the wife lets me take her to Chicago as her birthday present I'm surely not going to be there like I expected....SMDH. ARRGH.

How old is your daughter and how old are you guys? If the spread is right, in 25 years neither your daughter nor your wife will remember...

It won't be a Monday game, Labor Day is 9/3, would only give 4 days to prep/travel before KSU

2012 OOC games are set:

•09/08 - at Kansas State
•10/13 - Bethune-Cookman
•11/24 - USF

It is wishful, but so far we typically open with Atlantic opponents when ACC (FSU & MD). Granted 2 teams is not a lot to go off of...

It won't be a Monday game, Labor Day is 9/3, would only give 4 days to prep/travel before KSU

2012 OOC games are set:

•09/08 - at Kansas State
•10/13 - Bethune-Cookman
•11/24 - USF

How old is your daughter and how old are you guys? If the spread is right, in 25 years neither your daughter nor your wife will remember...

Good point...I'm 32 (wife 27), daughter will be 6 on ND gameday.

Advertisement
I'm alright with playing a tough Kansas State team for our second game, but I would like us to open up with a cupcake. Looks like we've got an ACC team though.[/QUOTE

I wouldn't be surprised if it was FSU because it's the big draw for the TV markets.

It might be, but they would have to change their current schedule:

FSU 2012 OCC Sched:

09/01 - Murray State
09/08 - West Virginia
09/29 - at USF
11/24 - Florida

2012 OOC games are set:

•09/08 - at Kansas State
•10/13 - Bethune-Cookman
•11/24 - USF

According to this, we play BC, FSU, and NC State out of division next year. Coastal opponents plus FSU, BC, and NC State's OCC schedule the first week:

FSU:
09/01 - Murray State

Duke:
09/01 - Florida International

GT:
09/01 - BYU

NCST:
09/01 - Tennessee (at Atlanta, GA)

UNC:
09/01 - Elon

UVA:
09/01 - Richmond

VT:
09/01 - OPEN

BC:
09/01 - OPEN

So, assuming schedules dont change, it looks like we will start off against BC or VT. Wouldnt mind a little revenge for the BC game. Would suck if we had to open against VT, but then again, they dont seem to do well in the early part of the season.

2012 OOC games are set:

•09/08 - at Kansas State
•10/13 - Bethune-Cookman
•11/24 - USF

According to this, we play BC, FSU, and NC State out of division next year. Coastal opponents plus FSU, BC, and NC State's OCC schedule the first week:

FSU:
09/01 - Murray State

Duke:
09/01 - Florida International

GT:
09/01 - BYU

NCST:
09/01 - Tennessee (at Atlanta, GA)

UNC:
09/01 - Elon

UVA:
09/01 - Richmond

VT:
09/01 - OPEN

BC:
09/01 - OPEN

So, assuming schedules dont change, it looks like we will start off against BC or VT. Wouldnt mind a little revenge for the BC game. Would suck if we had to open against VT, but then again, they dont seem to do well in the early part of the season.

Don't forget, Maryland's schedule was changed to play us first this year. They were supposed to open with Towson.

Advertisement

My daughter's birthday as well, and was also planning on making the trip.

Don't forget, Maryland's schedule was changed to play us first this year. They were supposed to open with Towson.

True and looking at those teams, the NC State vs Tenn game is probably the only one that would be really hard to move.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back