Administrator
RB Danny Dillard
Ht: 6-2
Wt: 200
40: 4.4
Position: RB
Grades: 2.9 GPA
Year: Class of 2012
High School: Venice Senior HS (Venice, FL)
For more information about Danny contact John Peacock (941)232-6784.

[video=youtube;7882o1obMG8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7882o1obMG8[/video]

[video=youtube;V5MXOCtd52c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5MXOCtd52c[/video]

10.jpg

65948299.jpg

Venice (FL) teammates Danny Dillard & Omari Phillips at FNL

Danny Dillard Jr., has been a Miami Hurricanes fan since he can remember.
So when the Venice running back was offered a scholarship by head coach Al Golden and the Miami coaching staff on Sunday,
one would think he'd accept it on the spot. But he made the 'Canes wait. "10 or 15 minutes," he said.

"I called coach Richardson (Terry), the running backs coach, and he asked me if I was ready to be a 'Cane," Dillard said.
"Then I talked to the offensive coordinator (Jedd Fisch) and he was telling me how they lost some running backs and how they wanted me,
and then head coach Al Golden got on the phone. I told him I'd call back after I talked to my family and everything."
It didn't take long for him to gather his family and friends around the phone so they could all hear his official acceptance conversation with Golden.
"I was real happy. All my life they've been my favorite," Dillard said. "Last week I talked to the coach (Richardson) and they were talking about
offering and then they finally did today."
Dillard did have some other schools in mind if the Miami offer did not come through. Among the 14 schools that offered him, Dillard was also
considering Illinois, NC State, Western Kentucky and Purdue. UCF has also offered the 6-foot-2, 215-pound back.
He's not just big either. Dillard runs a 4.4-second 40-yard dash and the Hurricanes were impressed with that combination of size and speed.
So far this season, Dillard, who is ranked as the No. 32 running back in the country by Rivals.com, has 730 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns.
He also has a receiving touchdown. Venice is 8-1 and has one regular-season game remaining prior to heading into the Florida state 7A playoffs.

Interestingly, Venice will be facing Clearwater Countryside, which is quarterbacked by fellow Miami commitment Gray Crow.
"Yeah, but I don't know him at all," Dillard said of his teammate to be. In fact, on Dillard's Facebook page on Sunday, one of the activity updates read,
"Danny is now friends with Gray Crow."
They'll have plenty of time to get to know each other over the next four years. Dillard is just happy to get there.
"It means a lot. It’s an honor and I've been waiting on it for a very long time," Dillard said.
"I'm very happy about it. The whole family likes the 'Canes. I like them."

Advertisement
Dude in the pic with him Omari Phillips lives down the rd from me. Hes goin to UF, go figure. Dudes big as **** 6'6''. Project to play OL for them

Advertisement
I wasn't too impressed with the limited portion of the clips I saw. Seems like a N-S runner with average speed and good size. Looks likea 2-star recruit to me. Not sure why we've offered him.

I wasn't too impressed with the limited portion of the clips I saw. Seems like a N-S runner with average speed and good size. Looks likea 2-star recruit to me. Not sure why we've offered him.

I would say above average speed, but otherwise generally agree. I am going to assume the staff feels they can correct some of his shortcomings. I think he could be productive if his speed is accurate... Nothing wrong with N-S to mix in with Duke.

Advertisement
Why? He's as solid as they come, isn't he? Thing is, the depth chart couldn't be better for him with Storm gone.

idk map... Brown and Flowers looking around, changing to soft verbals, Duke no longer being an EE, and now the commitment of Dillard makes me scratch my head.

Welcome to the U!!!....... I guess.

This kid looks like he'd be perfect in the Ga Tech offense. I know they offered him.

Advertisement
Finally in the house! Been tryna t oregister for like 3 days now......

read about this commit fro mthat other site; seems like a quality athlete with nice upside. Bringing his teammate along would be an added bonus.

Finally in the house! Been tryna t oregister for like 3 days now......

read about this commit fro mthat other site; seems like a quality athlete with nice upside. Bringing his teammate along would be an added bonus.

dont count on it

Advertisement
FWIW - I love seeing Mike over here if that is the real Mike.... always enjoyed the depth of most of his analysis

Advertisement
Back