2001 Team Recognition photo from saturday

CFLCane

Junior
Banned
Weird i don't see Butch there. Did he retire from his 2001 stolen valor scheme?

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2h1cnJpY2FuZXNwb3J0cy1jb20vMjAyMS8xMC8xM2U4MDU4ZS02amNfMzQ5OC5qcGc.jpg

Advertisement
Someone help me here, didnt we have another starter pass away on that team (Chris Campbell)? Sean was that dude, love the guy but he was a backup in 01 right, barely played honestly.. **** kinda threw me..

Someone help me here, didnt we have another starter pass away on that team (Chris Campbell)? Sean was that dude, love the guy but he was a backup in 01 right, barely played honestly.. **** kinda threw me..
Campbell was killed in a car crash

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Soldinger was on the Lamaar T show on the canesport YouTube channel… he really highlited the difference between then and now.
He talked about how the coaches allowed the players to be themselves, and didn’t try to curtail the shlt talking etc because it was part of their game. Talked about physicality of drills and how teams need that in practice to be physical in games.

The most telling things tho were:
- the fact that our prior HCs would give the position coaches the goal, and allowed them to get their units there however the position coaches wanted. There was no micromanaging, which is apparently how manny runs things.

- players were given written tests on the gameplan, formations, assignments etc before every game. If the player didnt take the test, failed the test, or didn’t score high enough… he didn’t play. They aren’t doing this anymore.

- Perfornance dictated PT. Dont perform, dont play. Obvs this is no longer a thing

He talked about how the coaches allowed the players to be themselves, and didn’t try to curtail the shlt talking etc because it was part of their game. Talked about physicality of drills and how teams need that in practice to be physical in games.

The most telling things tho were:
- the fact that our prior HCs would give the position coaches the goal, and allowed them to get their units there however the position coaches wanted. There was no micromanaging, which is apparently how manny runs things.

- players were given written tests on the gameplan, formations, assignments etc before every game. If the player didnt take the test, failed the test, or didn’t score high enough… he didn’t play. They aren’t doing this anymore.

- Perfornance dictated PT. Dont perform, dont play. Obvs this is no longer a thing

So basically if you didn't know the playbook you didn't get to play.
Isn't that what some complain around here, that let the kids play even if they dont know the plays so they can learn.

Advertisement
Back