2001 Canes vs 2008 Lions

Who wins?
2gn5dm.jpg

Advertisement
How would a bad Sun Belt team do vs the best High School team from Texas or Cali or Florida? 21 year old men vs 16-17 year olds?

2001 was loaded with talent, but a good number of them were true freshman or underclassmen that year. Taylor, Wilfork, MacGhee, Gore, Vima, DJ, Dre, Winslow. If we’re going to project the 2001 team playing the Lions then project them as the players they were at that time.

Or, have some fun by projecting the best players from 1999-2003 in their NFL rookie seasons and play an NFL team. Miami would be competitive against the lower tier teams, but the weakness would still be OL. McKinnie and Carey as bookend tackles would be solid rookies, the interior not so much. Can JJ be the HC and pick his staff? Coker would be over his head.
I get that but keep in mind those freshmen were not playing because of the guys in front of them and that is scary -- like I mentioned ER and ST on same team, MacGhee, Gore and Clinton on same team -- not many NFL teams can touch that stuff. I agree about Coker. JJ with Butch's staff(including Butch) would be the thing to do. Also, agree about Oline. Oline and Dline is for menfolk so more than any other position a year or two older is better, but McKinnie and Carey would be better than most NFL bookends of the time. Also, I love Ken but QB could be an issue. One thing for sure, go 1999 to 2003 and that team would have more 1st round picks than ANY other NFL team out there. I mean they one get one plus trades a year. Much as I love Edge, I would drop 1999 and add 2004.

Every time we talk about those years I come back to the same question, "why the f**k have we never hired Butch Davis back?

The worst NFL team would always beat the best college team, is this really a discussion
Because the years since those teams have sucked and we don't like them. I don't remember drooling over 87 team in the as we won three NCs afterward. Forgive our sins.

Advertisement
I did a Madden franchise where I put all Miami players in the dolphins, I think it was madden 08-09 and the entire team was strong except at OL and QB, CB was also a little weak, I had to switch Rolle back to CB from safety
Hey, monster seize oline men and the SO Fl heat do not go well together. The 73 Fins had mostly undersized on both side on the LOS but went undefeated and all most of Oline made HOF. Until the 2001 team, most of our NC teams oline was smaller too -- except the occasional full size tackle. Our great DTs were usually shorter and smaller, although not to small, than the beastly teams - 6"1' to 4' and in 300 range was the common numbers. But they could run.

Advertisement
Back