2000 Miami vs Boston College

TemplarCane

A Real One
Premium
Needed a break from all the negativity. One of my favorite games, Butch’s last regular season game. Favorite moment, and one of all-time, was Butch pulling Santana off punt returns late, so not to try and RUTS.

Daryl Jones, in my opinion an underrated role player, said ‘hold my beer Coach…’

Advertisement
Needed a break from all the negativity. One of my favorite games, Butch’s last regular season game. Favorite moment, and one of all-time, was Butch pulling Santana off punt returns late, so not to try and RUTS.

Daryl Jones, in my opinion an underrated role player, said ‘hold my beer Coach…’

Always fun to see Schleprock O’Brien’s grimacing face.

Jones made a key catch in 1998 at WVU. Had injury issues and then got overtaken by more talent as the roster deepened.

Advertisement
I was there. Cloudy day, and despite the fact it looked like we were on our way to a National Championship, there were only about 40,000 fans tops. This game actually got off to a miserable start. Turnovers and penalties everywhere. We only got it going late in the 2nd quarter. Then we poured it on.

Advertisement
Watching that makes me kinda sad. I'm afraid we will NEVER be that good again. The talent gap is clearly visible. That team would beat this years team 80-0.

Wait, wait, wait…

Is this what tackling in the open field looks like?

Is this what 20 mph looks like?

Is this what LBs look like?

Is this how RBs are supposed to look?

Is this what ST is supposed to look like?

Is this what blocking is supposed to look like?

Is this how quality uniforms are supposed to look like?

Is this what home field is supposed to sound like?

Is this what WR not dropping the ball is supposed to look like?

I dunno, man; I mean, from what I heard what we’re witnessing today is TNM & guys r flying & getting after it. So I don’t know wtf I just witnessed.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Half-full Orange Bowl for a stacked 9-1 team - I feel like Hard Rock nowadays would be packed if we had a team anywhere close to that one.

Half-full Orange Bowl for a stacked 9-1 team - I feel like Hard Rock nowadays would be packed if we had a team anywhere close to that one.
Different times. Apples and Oranges. Miami went from the dynasty of the 80’s to sanctions and dark times.

Advertisement

Fitzgerald would have been called for PF and Targeting.

Advertisement
Back