20 Years Ago Today

Advertisement
We knew we were back. But we showed the world we were back that day. Dorsey to Shockey, #1 goes down.

I expect a repeat of circumstances this weekend for the 20th anniversary of that beautiful moment.

I like the parallel. Just a few days ago I told a buddy that when we beat Clem$on Saturday, it'll be the biggest win UM has had since that beautiful victory over FSpoo.

Advertisement
We knew we were back. But we showed the world we were back that day. Dorsey to Shockey, #1 goes down.

I expect a repeat of circumstances this weekend for the 20th anniversary of that beautiful moment.
One of the all time greatest endings in the rivalry. From Davenport’s fumble to Dorsey’s final drive, the last 2:30 minutes almost killed me. Still watch that final drive once in a while.

Dorsey to Moss
Dorsey to Shockey
Dorsey to Wayne
Dorsey to Shockey
Dorsey to Moss
Dorsey to Shockey TD

I was in the Orange Bowl that day. The humidity was brutal and the concession stands ran out of bottled water. The Orange Bowl exploded after the touchdown to Shockey. The crowd noise almost caused an earthquake after Matt Munyon missed the kick at the buzzer. I remember the scoreboard said Wide Right III. It was unforgettable day. That day was the birth of the Second Cane Dynasty.

One of the all time greatest endings in the rivalry. From Davenport’s fumble to Dorsey’s final drive, the last 2:30 minutes almost killed me. Still watch that final drive once in a while.

Dorsey to Moss
Dorsey to Shockey
Dorsey to Wayne
Dorsey to Shockey
Dorsey to Moss
Dorsey to Shockey TD

The three guys who caught balls on that drive were ballers in the league

Advertisement
That Miami team started the season ranked #5. We're probably more like the '99 team. If we can give them a game like we gave Penn State that year then I'll be happy (I could totally see this team bust coverage to give up the game winning TD too).

Dorsey to Moss
Dorsey to Shockey
Dorsey to Wayne
Dorsey to Shockey
Dorsey to Moss
Dorsey to Shockey TD

Why did butch call timeout with 50 seconds. Acted as if there were 10 seconds left

Advertisement
Hottest game ever. Classic. This is why you come to Miami. Now go end Clemson!

Advertisement
I remember my head throbbing for afters after that game. I’m sure, leaving club Space about 5am and going straight to the canal by The OB to start tailgating played a huge factor as well!! What a weekend!!

Hottest game ever. It felt like it was 110 degrees out there.

What a finish.

wG7rs5.gif

Advertisement
Back