20 best players from UM FSU rivalry

Advertisement
6 Noles
14 Canes

We could have had even more, but still sounds about right. Little brother gon little brother.

Advertisement
Geeeeeeze OP. Had to change that title before somebody put a hit out on you.

I guess the article is nice, and it's right and proper that there are way more Canes than noles, but dude didn't say WHY they were ranked like that. I assume to him it was about the NFL careers they went on to have, but the title lead me to believe it would be about why they were the best 20 IN THE RIVALRY GAME. Maybe that would have just been 20 Miami guys and he didn't feel that was very balanced.

Advertisement
Nice article, but I was thinking it would be the 20 best individual performances in the rivalry game. I imagine the list would end up similar. Sean Taylor's performance to 2003 and Ed Reed's in 2001 would have to be near the top. I don't recall Edge or Hester having standout individual games against FSU. The Saap and Lewis-led defense in 1994 was incredible to watch. Michael Irvin and Steve Walsh in the 1987 comeback win at Trailerhassee.

Hopefully we we can a few names to this list after Saturday's game.

Little heavy on 2001 team and seems to lean some on NFL reputation. The players not on the list would win repeated NCs. Anyone who watch The Stork play would have trouble with him not being number 1. If it is just the Miami FSU games then ST was a complete nightmare to noles and Steve McGuire just destroy them. Like any list of great Canes, there are some frigging many it is impossible.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back