20/20 hindsight

Dingaan1828

Miss my dog
In retrospect, if we had kept Shannon for one more year, Kevin Sumlin would have been a slam dunk hire in 2012.

At least for me he would have been. It would have proven that Sumlin's 5-7 in 2010 was purely a product of unfortunate injuries (which most suspected at the time). He went 13-1 in 2011. IMO, we missed the guy we needed because of poor timing.

Just my opinion.

Advertisement
The people up top would of fked him up somehow, Butch Davis my number one choice might not do well here until they spend on the football program.

I was thinking that the other day. Just imagine what Sumlin would do with this Miami offense. Of course the defense will suck but when you can score 60 points a game it doesn't really matter. Coulda Shoulda Woulda Didn't.

Advertisement
results gets money invested. if u have a winning and competing product brining in big money, they will spend.

We should have hired Butch in 2006. He was there, still in his prime, and would have likely kept Shannon as DC. Would have probably fielded an elite defense immediately and recruited studs all over enough to be back by his 2nd year. ******* moron admin.

Advertisement
Think people. In 2012 we were right in the thick of the NCAA investigation. With the program heading down the dumps and severe NCAA sanction talk no coach worth his weight would have touched Miami after 2011 season.

Actually the timing was perfect to replace Shannon after 2010.

results gets money invested. if u have a winning and competing product brining in big money, they will spend.

Yep, I would definitely step up my donation total if i didn't have to hide my face each monday in shame. I would start a tally and the number of people I bump my gums at after yet another dominating cane victory would correlate directly with payment amount.

Advertisement
Hindsight, If Shannon stays one more year, Teddy comes to The U. Is he the same QB he has turned out to be though?

What is the point of this speculation? Really. Is there just too much sunshine in people's lives or what? Let's talk about blown interference calls while we're at it.

Advertisement
Hindsight, If Shannon stays one more year, Teddy comes to The U. Is he the same QB he has turned out to be though?
Bridgewater was not coming to Miami even if Shannon stayed.

He would have been a cane if RS was coached... Only 2 coaches respected his talent enough to be a qb... That was RS and Strong... Kid stayed committed until RS was fired...

He would have been a cane if RS was coached... Only 2 coaches respected his talent enough to be a qb... That was RS and Strong... Kid stayed committed until RS was fired...
Revionist history. He was wavering on his commitment before Shannon was fired. He was publicly whining about how Miami fans were treating Jacory.

Revionist history. He was wavering on his commitment before Shannon was fired. He was publicly whining about how Miami fans were treating Jacory.

This I DO remember. Oh well.

Advertisement
Back