2 Year Recruiting Haul..

You don’t close that kind of gap in two years.
You do with improvements from our team! And, clemson losing tl and etiene and 2 or 3 olinemen and 3 or 4 on that defense. Your assuming dj ugalil(sp) and those other guys step up f4 clemson. The same belief u have in clemsons 2nd string have faith in um the same way.

Advertisement
I always like to look at recruiting classes in a 2 year group.

I do think these last 2 classes have upgraded the talent level.

Offense:

QB-Tyler Van Dyke/Jake Garcia

RB-Don Chaney Jr./Jaylan Knighton/Thad Franklin

TE-Dom Mammarelli/Khalil Brantley/Elijah Aroyo

WR-Michael Redding/Romello Brinson/Keyshawn Smith

WR-Xavier Restrepo/Brashard Smith/Jacolby George/Daz Worsham

OL-Isaiah Walker/Michael McClaughlin/Chris Washington

OL-Jalen Rivers/Laurence Seymour/Ryan Rodriguez

-21 offensive signees.
-I count 15 four stars.
-I think all offensive positions have been recruited strongly when you look at the 2 year haul.

DE-Chantz Williams/Jabrari Ishmael

DT-Elijah Roberts/Allen Haye

DT-Leonard Taylor/Quinten Williams

DE-Thomas Davis

Striker-Chase Smith

LB-Tirek Austin-Cave/Tyler Johnson

LB-Corey Flagg/Dehawn Troutman

CB-Isaiah Dunson/Malik Curtis

CB-Marcus Clarke

S-Avantae Williams/Brian Balom/Keyshawn Washington

S-James Williams/Kam Kitchens/Jalen Harrell

K-Andre Borregelas

-21 total defensive signees
-2 five stars
-7 fours stars
-I think the obvious DL and safety have been recruited strongly. The biggest weakness is the CB recruiting as we all know.

It is hard to rank my top 15:

1.)Leonard Taylor
2.)James Williams
3.)Don Chaney Jr.
4.)Jaylan Knighton
5.)Chantz Williams
6.)Tyler Van Dyke
7.)Jake Garcia
8.)Jalen Rivers
9.)Laurence Seymour
10.)Romello Brinson
11.)Brashard Smith
12.)Elijah Arroyo
13.)Michael Redding
14.)Isaiah Walker
15.)Avantae Williams

Lot's of talented kids in these 2 classes.
More guys on defense were 4 star than you listed. Not by all publications but some of them. Or are you talking about the 24/7 sports composite rankings?

I always like to look at recruiting classes in a 2 year group.

I do think these last 2 classes have upgraded the talent level.

Offense:

QB-Tyler Van Dyke/Jake Garcia

RB-Don Chaney Jr./Jaylan Knighton/Thad Franklin

TE-Dom Mammarelli/Khalil Brantley/Elijah Aroyo

WR-Michael Redding/Romello Brinson/Keyshawn Smith

WR-Xavier Restrepo/Brashard Smith/Jacolby George/Daz Worsham

OL-Isaiah Walker/Michael McClaughlin/Chris Washington

OL-Jalen Rivers/Laurence Seymour/Ryan Rodriguez

-21 offensive signees.
-I count 15 four stars.
-I think all offensive positions have been recruited strongly when you look at the 2 year haul.

DE-Chantz Williams/Jabrari Ishmael

DT-Elijah Roberts/Allen Haye

DT-Leonard Taylor/Quinten Williams

DE-Thomas Davis

Striker-Chase Smith

LB-Tirek Austin-Cave/Tyler Johnson

LB-Corey Flagg/Dehawn Troutman

CB-Isaiah Dunson/Malik Curtis

CB-Marcus Clarke

S-Avantae Williams/Brian Balom/Keyshawn Washington

S-James Williams/Kam Kitchens/Jalen Harrell

K-Andre Borregelas

-21 total defensive signees
-2 five stars
-7 fours stars
-I think the obvious DL and safety have been recruited strongly. The biggest weakness is the CB recruiting as we all know.

It is hard to rank my top 15:

1.)Leonard Taylor
2.)James Williams
3.)Don Chaney Jr.
4.)Jaylan Knighton
5.)Chantz Williams
6.)Tyler Van Dyke
7.)Jake Garcia
8.)Jalen Rivers
9.)Laurence Seymour
10.)Romello Brinson
11.)Brashard Smith
12.)Elijah Arroyo
13.)Michael Redding
14.)Isaiah Walker
15.)Avantae Williams

Lot's of talented kids in these 2 classes.
Arroyo too low

Advertisement
If King comes back we can be a 10 win team (if next year’s schedule remains unchanged without any cancellations).

The biggest issue we have & will continue to have is lack of ability to recruit Corners, the lack of development at LB & the failure to find stout interior linemen on the OL.

If we fix the GCG spot on the OL our Offense will be even better particularly in the run game & on Defense, we have to find 3 CB’s who can cover down field, right now we have 1 & we have to stop playing slow upperclassmen LB’s. We need speed at LB & CB.

How long will it take to fix these issues? Basically as long as it takes for manny to figure out that his CB recruiting strategy doesn’t work & he needs a new DC & CB’s coach. If that happens, he can be successful, if he maintains status quo he’ll crash & burn.
Because you don’t “develop” interior guys. Go look at most of the dudes that play on the interior for Bama, ND, OU, UGA, etc. They are HUGE! Scaife, Clark, and Gaynor don’t fit that category. You fix the interior by recruiting size + a mean streak because at the end of the day that’s what they need.

Advertisement
Because you don’t “develop” interior guys. Go look at most of the dudes that play on the interior for Bama, ND, OU, UGA, etc. They are HUGE! Scaife, Clark, and Gaynor don’t fit that category. You fix the interior by recruiting size + a mean streak because at the end of the day that’s what they need.
as long as we aren't talking Donaldson size.

I know its beating the dead horse but fvck LB and CB stick out and not in a good way...

Everywhere else gives the impression of a top 10 recruting program.

Advertisement
Now we need a coach some corners and linebackers. By the time that happens these classes will be gone.

It's a pretty decent hall in two years but where it will shine is if the OL is savage level as well as DL and QB.
6 OL ain't enough for a 2 year period, and definitely ain't enough given the situation of our OL coming into this two-year period.

I'd say on average over time, 4 OL a year is what you should bring in. But when you're OL is a hot mess, go up from there.

Figure from your OL each year, you should have 1 who can play well as a Frosh (RS or otherwise), 1 who can play well as a Soph, and 2 who can play well as Jrs. If you take 3 kids, you're short of the need and if even 1 turns out to be not good, you're well short of it. Even great recruits on OL often don't turn out to be good, so this is a real numbers concern. And the goal isn't to have 5-6 capable kids, it's to have a full 2-deep with a couple guys battling to break into it (and a couple kids redshirting). Considering we had to play a 2* true frosh at LT just last year, it's unthinkable to me that we only take 6 OL over 2 cycles. Our biggest face-plants the past 20 years outside of coaching have been OL and QB. And QB wasn't numbers - just evals. OL, it's been all of it. Awful evals, short numbers, unbalanced classes, terrible S&C and development, all of it.

Advertisement
The coaches need to be coached and hopefully these recruits can coach them up to their full potential.Wow players coaching up coaches instead of the other way around lol

Everyone complaining about CB and LB but to me DE is worst.
If Davis moves to LB that would leave just two DEs in two years.

The Irish have graded out by Pro Football Focus as having the best offensive line in the country. Aaron Banks, Liam Eichenberg, Jarrett Patterson, Tommy Kraemer and Robert Hainsey should get the majority of credit for the group, but you can't discount what Zeke Correll and Josh Lugg have done filling in as well.Dec 3, 2020

The best OL in the country is the same or smaller than our guys.
Here's the comparison

ND starting 5:

OT Banks 6'5 330
OG Einchenberg 6'6 302
Center Patterson 6'4 305
OG Hainsey 6'4 290
OT Kraemer 6'5 317

Miami Starting 5:

OT Nelson 6'5 312
OG Clark 6'3 320
Center Gaynor 6'4 300
OG Scaife 6'3 314