2 Factors

StevoBevo

Freshman
I know we all say the same things every off-season and every coaching change “so-so looks bigger!”, “ the team looks faster!”, “The guys are working harder than ever”, “finally we can see what a real coaching staff can do with these guys” etc etc etc.

We love to believe it, we love saying it even more. But THIS time I can firmly and confidently believe the hype around our
S&C as well as our coaching upgrades. There’s plenty evidence to support our claims this time around.

1. Our S&C is big time (hear me out). There have been results across the board. Players such as:

DE Elijah Roberts: 270 -> 285
DE N Kelly: 227 -> 245 (while losing 2% in body fat)
LB Keontra Smith: 203 -> 230 (big time)
DE Chantz Williams: 250 -> 260 (lost body fat from 15% to 12%)
DL JHH: 270 -> 295 (not to mention almost 100lbs added to his bench over the offseason. For a team that seemed to get pushed off the LOS pretty consistently by bigger, more established teams that should be music to our ears. Not to mention an extra 25Lbs for JHH should do WONDERS)

DL Leonard Taylor: 290 -> 290 while going from 17% to 12% (maintaining that weight while going down in body fat is huge, that’s a considerable transformation especially for someone with the potential he has. He also added in an interview he went from being able to do 1 Full Pull-up to 8. As well as going from a 315 bench to a 375 bench.)

OL Jalen Rivers: lost 11 pounds, lost 5% body fat while increasing his squat from roughly 480 to roughly 615 according to a recent interview.

Other players worth noting for the off season are: CB TeCory Couch, OL Justice Olusewean (recently squatted 700Lbs), RB Donald Chaney, RB TeVonte Citizen, CB Jaden Harris, QB Jacurri Brown, DL Darrel Jackson, TE Elijah Arroyo, TE Jaleel Skinner

One thing I noticed from an interview with Jalen rivers was he mentioned how all of their workouts are football based, and specified by position. He also noted the last regime simply had them lift for the sake of lifting and getting numbers up. He Raved about Felders program and briefly mentioned how for Oline his goal is to get them stronger WHILE improving their ability as a offensive lineman through various exercises.

If what he says is even close to true I can expect ALOT of improvement across the board. Our Lines on BOTH sides are already bigger & stronger and I expect them to make a HUGE leap this season.

2. Our Coaching is night and day what he have possibly EVER had. From one of the best O-Line coaches in the country, one of the most experienced and successful DCs in the past 20 years. Experienced and highly successful DB, LB, TE & RB coaches. All across the board we have improved DRAMATICALLY from a coaching standpoint and a support staff standpoint.

Last year alone we lost to UNC, UVA, Michigan State & FSU ALL because of coaching. Namely blown coverages, poor Oline play, TERRIBLE tackling, poor energy and a straight up lack of fundamentals. (Not to even mention we almost lost to App State, Georgia Tech & kept it way too close to Virginia Tech).

Think about that. 4 out 5 losses was simply coaching. As some of us would say we snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. We lost 38-17, 45-42, 30-28 & 31-28 and when you watch those games it was BLATANTLY obvious our coaching was sub par. The program was sub par, commitment to football was sub par.

Things are different with Mario. Last years team with this staff/culture present goes 11-1 no questions asked. I believe we have improved or at MINIMUM stood pat in all positions across the board on our team. Now I’m not saying that we go 12-0 and make the CFP. But I am saying that the normal cliches we attempt to bring up with every coaching change I think can finally be deemed true this time around. I think it will be obvious on the field how much our S&C/Coaching shows up on the field this year.

This year it’s no longer a cliche. It’s a fact.

Advertisement
I know we all say the same things every off-season and every coaching change “so-so looks bigger!”, “ the team looks faster!”, “The guys are working harder than ever”, “finally we can see what a real coaching staff can do with these guys” etc etc etc.

We love to believe it, we love saying it even more. But THIS time I can firmly and confidently believe the hype around our
S&C as well as our coaching upgrades. There’s plenty evidence to support our claims this time around.

1. Our S&C is big time (hear me out). There have been results across the board. Players such as:

DL JHH: 270 -> 295 (not to mention almost 100lbs added to his bench over the offseason. For a team that seemed to get pushed off the LOS pretty consistently by bigger, more established teams that should be music to our ears. Not to mention an extra 25Lbs for JHH should do WONDERS)

DL Leonard Taylor: 290 -> 290 while going from 17% to 12% (maintaining that weight while going down in body fat is huge, that’s a considerable transformation especially for someone with the potential he has. He also added in an interview he went from being able to do 1 Full Pull-up to 8. As well as going from a 315 bench to a 375 bench.)

OL Jalen Rivers: lost 11 pounds, lost 5% body fat while increasing his squat from roughly 480 to roughly 615 according to a recent interview.

Other players worth noting for the off season are: CB TeCory Couch, OL Justice Olusewean (recently squatted 700Lbs), RB Donald Chaney, RB TeVonte Citizen, CB Jaden Harris, QB Jacurri Brown, DL Darrel Jackson, TE Elijah Arroyo, TE Jaleel Skinner

One thing I noticed from an interview with Jalen rivers was he mentioned how all of their workouts are football based, and specified by position. He also noted the last regime simply had them lift for the sake of lifting and getting numbers up. He Raved about Felders program and briefly mentioned how for Oline his goal is to get them stronger WHILE improving their ability as a offensive lineman through various exercises.

If what he says is even close to true I can expect ALOT of improvement across the board. Our Lines on BOTH sides are already bigger & stronger and I expect them to make a HUGE leap this season.

2. Our Coaching is night and day what he have possibly EVER had. From one of the best O-Line coaches in the country, one of the most experienced and successful DCs in the past 20 years. Experienced and highly successful DB, LB, TE & RB coaches. All across the board we have improved DRAMATICALLY from a coaching standpoint and a support staff standpoint.

Last year alone we lost to UNC, UVA, Michigan State & FSU ALL because of coaching. Namely blown coverages, poor Oline play, TERRIBLE tackling, poor energy and a straight up lack of fundamentals. (Not to even mention we almost lost to App State, Georgia Tech & kept it way too close to Virginia Tech).

Think about that. 4 out 5 losses was simply coaching. As some of us would say we snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. We lost 38-17, 45-42, 30-28 & 31-28 and when you watch those games it was BLATANTLY obvious our coaching was sub par. The program was sub par, commitment to football was sub par.

Things are different with Mario. Last years team with this staff/culture present goes 11-1 no questions asked. I believe we have improved or at MINIMUM stood pat in all positions across the board on our team. Now I’m not saying that we go 12-0 and make the CFP. But I am saying that the normal cliches we attempt to bring up with every coaching change I think can finally be deemed true this time around. I think it will be obvious on the field how much our S&C/Coaching shows up on the field this year.

The optimist in me has this thesis for ACCCG

Never, ever have anything that is really firsthand, but my nephew is friends with a SR on team, and he said it's a totally different approach and mentality for the team this year and he's ****ed that it hasn't been this way for his first three years. TIFWIW

giphy.gif

It never fails 😂😂😂

Advertisement

11-1 no questions asked?
Come On Lol GIF by Sports GIFs

Advertisement

I hope it’s true but we’ve heard this before with every new coach……..we’ll see

Advertisement
I want you to be a doubter for as long as you can be this year. It will feel real good once we get you over on the hype train. Plus, I know you will be a good sport about being wrong on this one.
What exactly am I wrong about?

What exactly am I doubting?

Advertisement
I think you and I both wanted a high octane offensive system. You were so excited when we brought on Lashlee. Generally speaking, your posts this year lack some of the same enthusiasm. I get it man. I have kept my expectations low for many years now. I also continued to root for the team no matter what too, but I never really believed we could turn the corner. We can now. I reposted your GIF about it never fails. That’s all. I’ve seen you be blindly optimistic in this past. This is the year to be a homer. Jump on board homie. The train is leaving the station. I know you will be here win or lose either way.
@Liberty City El

Last edited:
I want you to be a doubter for as long as you can be this year. It will feel real good once we get you over on the hype train. Plus, I know you will be a good sport about being wrong on this one.
I’m sure @Liberty City El would agree. We don’t want on no **** hype train. We’ve been on the hype train waaaay too many times to and were disappointed with the results every time.

Don’t get me wrong I believe we will be an improved team this year. Is it possible this year the hype train actually takes us to the destination we all want? Sure but that would take a ton of luck (ala 2017).

Put us on the results rail and the winning express though so we can really start fuccin.

I think you and I both wanted a high octane offensive system. You were so excited when we brought on Lashlee. Generally speaking, your posts this year lack some of the same enthusiasm. I get it man. I have kept my expectations low for many years now. I also continued to root for the team no matter what too, but I never really believed we could turn the corner. We can now. I reposted your GIF about it never fails. That’s all. I’ve seen you be blindly optimistic in this past. This is the year to be a homer. Jump on board homie. The train is leaving the station. I know you will be here win or lose either way.
@Liberty City El
Different circumstances bare different responses. One size does not fit all...

Yall genuinely misunderstand my stance because most of yall too far to the extreme on one side or the other.

I believe we’re going to have a good season but I’m simply cautioning for people to just be a little reasonable & not set expectations too high because it’s unfair to a brand new coaching staff.

Expecting 10-2 out the gate is unfair & expecting 11-1 or 12-0 in year 1 is absolute lunacy.

It’s very rare historically for any staff to come in & win a conference in year 1, I’ve said numerous times that by year 2 & 3 we should be competing for the conference (if we’re still in it) without question, but to set the bar too high right out of the gate is not fair to Mario & this staff, mainly because people are underestimating the flaws on the roster & completely overlooking that the majority of the roster is still Diaz recruits, Mario hasn’t even had a chance to overturn the roster in the way that he wants.

I’m on board & have been for several months now, but to you guys who have such super high expectations anybody that even remotely suggests just a little bit of reason looks like they’re not, which is part of the funny part of it to me lol.

I never once said we suck or were going to lose a bunch of games, I simply said people should just be a little reasonable & somehow that’s transformed into me “not believing” lol.

Fans seems to forget that Games are not played on paper & on a week to week basis there’s several unforeseen variables that factor into to outcomes of games that go beyond just coaching, or talent. Games are independent Solar Systems unto themselves, I’m of the belief that taking things week by week is a better approach than just simply assuming things that haven’t happened yet, but I guess that makes me crazy 🤷🏽‍♂️ lol

Advertisement
Back