2 deep at OL for rest of year.....

What happened with Jaden Wilkerson? D$ mentioned several times in the spring and fall camp.

Also is Juan Minaya that bad? With his size and strength he could be a people mover in theory in the IOL. Has he gotten any snaps this season?

Jonathan Cline started at ETSU last year and is in his 4th year. Has he is even gotten garbage time this year?

Cline is a body and a backup. Nothing more, imo.

Wilkerson is a WIP. I wouldn't expect anything from him this year. The problem for him is he's - IIRC - at LT which is Cantwell's supposed slot. Minaya/Campbell are probably portal candidates next spring.

I expect guys like Pickett, Jatori W, and Tatum to compete for backup guard playing time next fall.
 
Strap Ervin in the chair this weekend and expedite the process...


3__RSJ.gif
 
Nope. Some of us watched him play vs Clemson and he looked like a different guy at RG.
“a different guy” - and CFP impact OG are 2 very different things. He is not an IOL you are going to beat Notre Dame, UGA or Bama or OSU with. Yes, we can make do in ACC games, but what it takes to win post season, he aint it
 
We can speculate all we want about our oline projections now. We all know it’s going to be SJ at right guard with Merriweathet spelling him in a series here and there. It is what it is
 
“a different guy” - and CFP impact OG are 2 very different things. He is not an IOL you are going to beat Notre Dame, UGA or Bama or OSU with. Yes, we can make do in ACC games, but what it takes to win post season, he aint it
I guess we'll find out, right?
 
I didn't want to start another thread on this but I had no idea that if a team is under their limit for available players at a specific position or the roster as a whole that school can obtain player(s) currently without a team. I thought the portal window was closed.

I dont know. Maybe I just have to come to grips that I am just dumb😂
 
I didn't want to start another thread on this but I had no idea that if a team is under their limit for available players at a specific position or the roster as a whole that school can obtain player(s) currently without a team. I thought the portal window was closed.

I dont know. Maybe I just have to come to grips that I am just dumb😂
Of course you could for the spring semester, which would include playoff games.
 
One thing I've come to understand, Mario and Mirabal can identify and develop OL. If they roll SJ out, he likely is the 6th best. If they roll Meriweather out, he is the best option. If they move RR or McCoy and roll Cantwell or Hawks out, they are the best 5 option at that time. Vs FSU, I fully expect to see at least 6 OL to play and the coaches to stick with the group that makes the offense click. At least until the 4th Q when we blow the doors off them.
 
I didn't want to start another thread on this but I had no idea that if a team is under their limit for available players at a specific position or the roster as a whole that school can obtain player(s) currently without a team. I thought the portal window was closed.

I dont know. Maybe I just have to come to grips that I am just dumb😂
They are still college students and have to be enrolled at the beginning of the semester. I doubt the NCAA would allow a spring enrollment count for kids that have teams in the CFP still. They can be on the team but not play much like the TE that transferred to Indiana from Miami.
 
They are still college students and have to be enrolled at the beginning of the semester. I doubt the NCAA would allow a spring enrollment count for kids that have teams in the CFP still. They can be on the team but not play much like the TE that transferred to Indiana from Miami.
He said kids who currently are not playing at another school.
 
“a different guy” - and CFP impact OG are 2 very different things. He is not an IOL you are going to beat Notre Dame, UGA or Bama or OSU with. Yes, we can make do in ACC games, but what it takes to win post season, he aint it

Maybe it's just me, but the UGAs, Bama and OSUs are not on the schedule, so why worry?
Let's win the ACC first.
 
Back
Top