2/3 vs Virginia Tech Noon ESPN

1706988863344.png

Advertisement
Will also add, amazing job by Omier down the stretch, picked up his 4th foul with 11:29 on the clock and stayed in the game till 1:29 and the lead pretty secure in hand. He had some huge plays in those 10 minutes, none bigger than the steal that was immediately followed up by George's steal. Those two plays sucked any life left out of VT. Let's just hope Omier can focus on not getting 4 fouls with more than 1/4 of the game to go.

Quick thoughts
-no more noon games. As in ever
-awful first half
-team looked disinterested for too long
-game was won at the line
-offense looked lost at times. Too much pick up ball
-was it me or was George passing up 3s?
-enough of the Benz hate. He was the difference
-can Omier ever not pick up a cheap 4th foul?
-did we have home court “advantage”?
-no more Corey Alexander please
-the back to back Omier/George steals killed them
-still not convinced Poplar is anywhere near 100%. He rolled an ankle again
-in the end, we won. That’s all that matters

Will also add, amazing job by Omier down the stretch, picked up his 4th foul with 11:29 on the clock and stayed in the game till 1:29 and the lead pretty secure in hand. He had some huge plays in those 10 minutes, none bigger than the steal that was immediately followed up by George's steal. Those two plays sucked any life left out of VT. Let's just hope Omier can focus on not getting 4 fouls with more than 1/4 of the game to go.

I wish we had a decent big who could just stay back and protect the rim....
... teams are going to attack Omeir head on and lean in..
... most of his fouls come when he is a step out of position, siding back inside after defending the 3pt line.

Advertisement
Massive comeback and massive win.

Effort is there. The past 3 games we have out-rebounded our opponents.

56 points in.the second half, just 2 turnovers. Great performance in a game you had to have to have any chance moving forward.

Onto UVA, where they’re undefeated at home and have won 6 in a row overall. They’ll crush us if we are sloppy, but these games are always close. Go Canes

I want to hope we have the moxie to put it together. Not really sure, of course I thought we were finished today so what do I know.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Finally able to see the replay. Crowd looked pretty good on the screen. Nice show of support.
Hard to expect much more for 2 mediocre teams at noon on a beautiful day.

Great comeback win. Cleveland, George, Joseph, and Omier were all great in the 2nd half. Let’s hope this gives the team some spark and momentum entering the toughest part of the schedule,

Advertisement
1707059772650.png

Jim Larranaga elected to go with Kyshawn George in the starting lineup over Bensley Joseph against Notre Dame, but George only played with the group for a half as Matthew Cleveland went down and then missed the next two games.

So it total, the lineup was on the floor together for a total of 10 minutes, 13 seconds and outscored the Hokies 28-17, which is an encouraging sign considering they only played about a quarter of the game together and if they can continue to play together, they should, in theory, play even better together while still understanding each team presents different challenges with its lineups.

This was a big important comeback win for Miami. We are definitely going to need to have to beat Duke and/or Unc to make the tourney. We need to beat UVA, and finish 6-3 or 7-2. We lack a dribble/drive guy and consistent play without making unforced TO's. When we make effort on D and rebounding, we definitely have a better result. Not being real deep has hurt the stamina of this team too. Have to make the best of it the rest of way.

Advertisement
Back